+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bargain Buys - Garden Architecture

Bargain Buys - Garden Architecture

Reminder!

As the stores begin making room for Holiday merchandise, they are marking down many garden architecture items. Be sure to stop by your local retail stores and check the garden center departments for Bargain Buys!

If you find any really good deals and would like to share them with us, post them here...

Happy Shopping!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

One of My Finds

I pick up this copper whirling sprinkler for $4. I like it because it has a fine spray, almost like a mist...

While I was taking pictures, I thought I would share another one with you. I do believe that I wll know this year as the year of the coleus because I truly have fallen in love with some of the new ones that are on the market.

Here are some of mine that I will be taking cuttings and saving this winter...

Have FUN!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,

In our area we have a company that liquidates or destroys all of Wal-Marts return items. depending on the particular vendors instructions all returns are either disposed of at the local land fill, liquidated in trailerloads or returned to the vendor. I learned that the company was selling bags of topsoil, potting soil and soiless mix for $1.00 per bag as is, the profits are being donated to charity and there is no limit on your purchase. Last Friday night I loaded my pickup with $30.00 worth and came away with about 80 gallons of soiless mix and enough soil to feed my two compost piles most of the bags were regularly priced in the $5.00 range so I think I got a pretty good bargain. The stuff would have gone to the landfill otherwise. I wonder if other areas in the country have these type of warehouses and if they are willing to offer these materials to the public? It sure beats loading up our already overloaded landfills. Anyone out there hear of a similar program?

Mike

+ Reply to Thread