+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Call to Action-Let's Post Something

Blog Entries

Call to Action-Let's Post Something

OK fellow Landspro members, I don't know about you but when Landspro disappeared and the domain looked to be out of Ann's hands and up for grabs, it made me think.
    Spring is right around the corner. Shake off the winter hibernation cobwebs and let's get to posting!
    Deal ?
    What's going on in your garden this week--what are in your plans ?
    I planted a Bonanza dwarf peach tree yesterday. I promise to post pics.
    To modify a frequent catchphrase on TV:
    Let's Post Something !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

My amaryllis is blooming as well as my crinum in front of the house. The plum trees in back yard are finished blooming and are now leafing out. My daylilies are not sending up a sign of scapes yet.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Ah yes ! Florida ! Lovely to be able to have the amaryllis and crinum in the ground. I have two Peruvian daffs in a pot-cart them out in the spring and they grow thru summer with no flowers-not sure why.
    The daylilies disappears over winter but are sending up leaves. I planted daff bulbs late fall/early winter in my new daylily bad and they are coming up. As are hyacinths and tulips in older beds. Crocuses are in bloom.
    I have a new trellis for my clematis. I just need to dig the clematis out of their not some great location(that also has posion ivy) before everything grows up too much.
    I bought two bags of end of the line daffodils about 2 weeks ago($1 for 16 bulbs) and absolutely need to get them planted-might surprise me with growth this year- I guess if they don't do anything now they won't next year :-)
    I've been oogling the garden catalogs and local garden centers are starting with the pansies.
    Weather forecasters say we could still have a significant spring snow in April. I still make sure the hose is disconnected from the house.
    Wonderful to hear what's going on in DD's garden world.

Thanks!

My computer went down. I thought I had fixed it, but it got worse. I am on a borrowed, yukky laptop until I can order a new adapter for my own laptop. Hunter's dog chewed up the cable.

I have been on sick leave for the last 4 months, but I am better now and I hope to go back to work on May 1.

The domain name has been renewed for 5 years. Letting it expire has been a painful and time consuming problem.

I don't know how much gardening I will be able to do this year. I am so far behind on everything!

So, please do post with lots of info and pictures.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    I am so sorry to hear that you have been sick. If I had known I would have included you in my prayers. I had a scare in Sept with my son getting so sick and rejecting the kidney he had received in 2000. He went into cardiac arrest the very first night he was in the hospital. He is better now but has to wait until this coming Sept before he can go back to work. His job wants him back.All that happened because of a child coughing in his face at work.

My grandson Kaleb does not live with us any more. Last summer he went to his dads place for a trial run before my daughter would let him, stay all summer. Well while he was under Dad's watch, he committed a crime against his step sister and was arrested. He is on a ankle monitoring system now. He can't come back to live here because he threatened to kill him self if he had to come back here.
    He is in a world of trouble, his mother signed him over to his dad and washed her hands of it, She was fed up with him and his criminal behavior and told him so. He is a carbon copy of his dad in every way.

Blog Entries
    Oh my ! Prayers for us all ! I, too, shortly after posting, ended up with a series of events involving my elderly mother's health and living arrangements. We are still in the middle of it but I wanted to post so no one thought I disappeared. I look out at my garden areas and have hopes and plans but little time or should I say ability to focus. I did buy a potted pincushion flower and rescued a hydrangea from the church, so there's still some part of me at some level that reminds me to think of things that I enjoy. I guess that's my 'Gardening' Angel !
    It was 102 here last Sunday--way too hot for early spring. My peonies are just starting to bloom and I'll bet they aren't too flowerful due to the heat. I've even seen leaf burn on my transplanted daylilies and I bet it's from the sun and heat hitting them way too early before they could toughen up !
    Hugs to all......

On May 7th, I saw some scapes! Two were up high enough to see from inside of the house.The rest are in the process of straightening up or still popping up from the crown area.

My hubby and I are going to be leaving Lakeland in a couple of hours to get on the road to Va. We we will be spending a week or two up there to help the daughter-in-law and son with the grandson while they are at work. Blooms here have been a little spread out over the last couple of months. Half haven't even sent up a scape yet.

+ Reply to Thread