+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please Pray for my son

Unhappy Please Pray for my son

Recently my oldest son has not been feeling good, so today he went to see a Dr. Dr. told him that he is in renal failure. That means the kidney he received on Sept2, 2000 is failing and he will need to go back on dialysis. This young man is only37 years old and had been OK until his early 20's when he went into kidney failure and almost died in his sleep. He was 23 when he got his first transplant. Now it looks like another one may be on the horizon.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Will do Dawn, will do.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Here is an update on my son. He is rejecting the kidney. On Tues Sept. 10 they will operate on him to put the tubes back in his stomach to allow him to do peritoneal dialysis. He will be going back on the organ transplant list. Just found out they have moved him into Medical ICU due to him having trouble breathing. His oxygen levels are very low.

This is an update on my son.
    This morning we went to the hospital to see our son . Last night he was moved in to the Medical ICU because of some problems with his breathing. We at some point they placed him on a breathing tube and have him sedated so he can rest. When he is awake, he is coughing so much he can't get a good breath. Last night while they were doing a dialysis session on him he had a problem with his blood pressure spiking and falling very low due to the fluctuations of the fluids being removed from his body through the dialysis. So today they did another session of the dialysis but this time they gave him 3 units of blood to help keep the fluid levels at a more constant level. His color is improving a little , not as gray looking as he had been.

Just saw this today. Will pray for your son.

A child in my Church (12 years old) had a kidney transplant too. The transplant itself went well, but somehow the new kidney rejected the old one (I don't know the medical details) so they had to remove the original one. :-(

Will remember your son in my prayers.
    Dave

here is an update on my son.
    He is off the breathing tube as of this afternoon. He is coughing up the gunk that was making him cough so much that he couldn't breathe well and his oxygen levels dropped dangerously low. Antibiotics have helped get him feeling a little better. He is still weak but is looking more his natural color. He still has a long way to go before he is released from the hospital.

Another update on my son
    He has been moved out of the Medical ICU to M623 room where he is still on oxygen with a nose clip and has been sitting up in a chair today. He sounds better and his color is much better than 2 days ago. But he still has not been taken to surgery for the peritoneal tube hook up put in his stomach.

Another update.
    He is looking so much better than he did two days ago. They removed a malfunctioning hemodialysis port and put a new one in his neck. They will operate on 9-17 to put the peritoneal dialysis port in his stomach. Hopefully he will be released a few days after Tues.

Todd wa released from the hospital earlier today. Thank you all for your prayers

+ Reply to Thread