+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have You been a victim of Fraud?

Angry Have You been a victim of Fraud?

Last Thursday May 2nd my bank called me to ask about some charges against my debit card.
    Some how my debit card number had been hijacked. The fraud emptied my checking account and wiped out what I had in my savings. Then after I got an fraud case started at the bank and a police fraud case number, I got paid Fri May 3rd. But over the weekend the fraud even took my paycheck. I wasn't even able to get a haircut due to the money having been stolen from me.
    Fortunately the bank was able to recover most of the money for me but I did have to go with out it for a week.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Yes. Just happened with a credit card right under my nose-either a skimmer in the register, the cashier's pocket or someone with an RFID sniffer. Thank goodness the credit card company stopped things. Debit cards are even worse b/c as you experienced the bank let's the transaction go through(the theft proceeds from 'pending' to 'cleared'- like watching a robbery in slow motion- as the bank seems completely unable to stop the theft in progress and has to let it 'go through').
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Dazed,
    I think that is how they got my number because my debit card never left my possession. It was in my wallet and I did not lose my wallet or leave it unattended anywhere . My card was canceled and another one issued to me but it was a hassle.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

+ Reply to Thread