+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Making something for a boy that comes through my crossing.

Threaded View

Smile Making something for a boy that comes through my crossing.

Last week we had a few days of colder weather that meant we should be wearing jackets and mittens( for Florida it doesn't have to get below 40 degrees for us to wear them). One little boy who rides a bike came through the crossing wearing a flannel shirt and no jacket or mittens. I could tell he was really cold. So I decided to use up some left over yarn from grandson Tyler's Christmas gift to make this little boy a set of mittens. I have one already finished and the second one is on the needles now and wouldn't you know it, the weather went and got up into the high 70's and low 80's.But once they are finished I will go ahead give them to him even if the weather is warm . He can wear them once it turns cold again this coming weekend.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Aren't you a sweetie! It has been a wonderful winter,so far,in Zephyrhills.I've only had one short period of a few hours below 32Fah.I used sheets and covered everything. I lost only a couple of tomato plants.Four others weren't touched.

Yesterday I gave the mittens to Samuel and had him try them on. They fit him perfectly and he really liked them. This morning he came through the crossing wearing them and said his mother said he had to write a thank you card for them. he also said that his hands were warm even though it was in the 50's this morning. It was a good use of leftover yarn.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Thumbs up

You are just too good
    We set a temperature record for our are of 45.7C for one day which is 114.26 degrees in Fahrenheit - Flora and fauna both suffered dreadfully - some of that cool you are talking about sounds good to me
    Abby

Blog Entries
    How wonderful of you to do that for Samuel. You never know the things that stick with a child. Good for his Mom for instructing him on thank you notes !
    Abby- Egads ! We've been up in temps like that and it is miserable. I do believe in global warming and am shocked it is not a global priority !
    Npublici- When I read Zepherhills, I had a brief flashback to when Mom lived in Florida. There is a water company by that name. I can't tell you how long I was calling it Zefer-Ills befire I realized , after quite some time, it is Zepher Hills. I was missing the 'hills' part completely !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread