+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Working on a Baby Blanket

Working on a Baby Blanket

My daughter-in-law asked me if I would knit a baby blanket for her friend who is having a little girl in Dec. So that is what I have been working on lately. I have over 18 inches done so far . I am doing a chevron pattern using Caron One Pound yarn in the colors of White, Royal Blue, Scarlet Red, and Black. The parents are New York Giants fans so that is the reason for the color choices. Here is a shot of it
    Attached Images  
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Yesterday I tried to get on here , and couldn't because it said contact the the account manager or something like that.

Indeed!

I was notified that something/someone was using my email and my bandwidth for landspro is almost full.

Lately, I have been quiet because of health problems and other issues. My desktop has been down for about 6 months, but I am slowly but surely recovering from power surges in my home.

LP may be down for a month or so until I get some problems resolved.

Thank you for hanging in there with me. I miss all of you!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Love the colours in the baby blanket - that is going to be one super gift.

Ann
    So sorry to hear things are not going too well for you.
    But there is a New Year coming around the corner so hopefully things wll be much improved for you.
    Abby

Ann I hope that you get who ever hacked your email . Someone has my son's name and has sold it to people who send out out spam.I keep telling him that some on has hacked his email but he doesn't do anything about it.

For the last three days I have been trying to get on here, but it said exceeded bandwidth. I hope it isn't because of financial reasons Ann. If it is let us know and we will help with you. Well so far on the baby blanket I an now on the 4yh white stripe and it is over 25 inches lone. The bottom keeps rolling up so it loks shorter, I will have to do some slip crochet on it to stop that rolling.

Sorry to say this, but the problem with the bandwidth is simply the fact that someone, somehow, was using my email. I am and have been very sick which has made it more difficult for me to monitor and manage the site. I had no idea this was going on. My home electricity was being surged. and I fought the battle of lost lights and computer equipment being lost for the last year.

Normally, I can pay for this website, but I can't pay for it this time, so you may see it go down until next month. Times are hard right now.

Thanks to all that care and I love you all!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann ,
    Just let us know how much you need and maybe we can raise some money to help cover it.

Last week I had a toothache started, then I noticed the right side of my jaw was swollen and very tender to the touch. I went to the dentist today and found out that I need to have a root canal and a crown installed. I have an infection that that was the cause of the swollen area and the pain in my jaw. Wish mye luck so that I do not have any problems with this root canal. It is the last molar on the right side of my face.

Blog Entries
    Oh my ! I missed this whole thread and don't know where to start. Dawn ! You're a trooper and we can always count on you to check in-we need that-thank you ! Abby -you're our cheerleader and we can always count on you for , well, cheer ! Thank you ! Ann-you are our star and without you, well, we would never have known what a dear heart we were missing in knowing you !
    Dawn- that blanket is lovely; I assume it is knit ? I think I saw a knitting needle. How thoughtful of you ! Now as for that dang tooth-well, if there is any bright side, at least it didn't happen on Christmas-I hope you'll have a quick recovery !
    Ann-I second what Dawn has said about chipping in(you could PM us or just let us know). There is alot of good info on the site. One of my favorites is , egads I'd have to look up her name, I think it's Linda, but she can grow/root roses from cut flower arrangements ! I have never forgotten that and thought she must be some kind of enchanted person-she does have her instructions on Landspro somewhere under roses.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

HI Dazed,
    Yes the blanket is knitted. I have finished knitted it but I an making a row of crochet on the sides to hide the color changes.I have one side and over half of the bottom done in the crochet and I will finish it after I get off the crossing tomorrow afternoon. I go back to the dentist tomorrow to check on the root canal and the see if the infection is gone. After I finish the crochet , I will wash and block it before I can send it to my daughter in law for her to give it to her friend who had the baby. Then I get to start my grandsons knitted owl mitens and hat to send with it.

Today I am crocheting on the side to hide the color changes using white yarn to tie it all together.. At 12:00 pm I had to be at the dental office for the root canal I had to have. By 1:00 they were through. I go back next Wed. for the crown to be put in on it. I also found out I have another tooth that is infected but it is draining so it needs a root canal also but it has to wait.

Blog Entries
    That's nice that you can crochet and knit. I personally am able to both unravel a ball of yarn and wind it back up. In other words, completely unskilled ! My Mom can knit but gave it up due to arthritis. If I had been smart I would have asked her to teach me. She learned to knit from a neighbor when she was a child. Hmm! I just recalled when she used to knit me those sweater vests back in the 70's that my next door neighbor would crochet the border(usually in a different color). Mom didn't learn to crochet but oddly her sister crochets. I did latch a pillow once and like doing that. I have a yarn needlepoint of a kitten with a ball of yarn in my drawer from the 1970's that I never finished. However, I did buy a huge framed yarn needlepoint of a basket of daisies from a thrift shop a few years back--while I might be unskilled or undisciplined, I do have tremendous admiration for people who are and definitely see the value.
    As for your troublesome toothies:
    Have yourself a merry little Christmas
    Let your heart be light
    From now on your dental troubles will be out of sight !!!!!!
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Thank you Dazed Lily. I learned to knit by teaching my self to knit while in high school. My English teacher my senior year was having a baby and our class threw her a baby shower in class one day.I knitted a yellow blanket with purl outlined boxes in graduated sizes on it and added a small sleeper and booties with yellow trim and wrapped it up together. She loved it. After I had graduated I got a note from her saying that her little boy loved laying on the blanket and she said she was very thankful for it. She planned to give it back to him when he had children of his own some day as a family heirloom. It was knitted with Red Heart acrylic yarn.

+ Reply to Thread