+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaving to Go To Va.

Leaving to Go To Va.

Tonight we will be packing our suitcases and loading the car before we sleep. We will be getting up early Friday morning before sunrise to get on the road. Hubby wants to try to make it up there by 5 pm. I am taking my laptop with me so I can stay in touch withe you here while I am up there. So wish us a safe drive and I will check in with this thread when we get there.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    I hope you had a safe trip and wish for the same going back ! It is kinda fun getting up early and hitting the road-guess that goes back to childhood vacation memories(to this day I still like to hear the hum of tractor trailor tires on the distant highway when I'm laying in bed--from the days of staying at motels when travelling). It's also fun to grab a coffee and McMuffin early in the AM on a road trip.
    I hope you refresh and renew on your trip.
    Safe Travels Dawn !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Have a safe trip and a great travel!
    Dave

We got here around 7:45pm. After we got into Ga. it started raining on us, it would rain for a short time and stop, we would get maybe a half hour before it would start raining again.. The worst rain was in N.C.. It would rain so hard that every one would slow down.

So sorry to hear your trip is getting ruined by rain
    Abby

I was not complying about the rain, those areas need that rain. Corn in NC was only about 3 ft tall and dry as bone that has been in a desert. I hope that they get more rain soon. Corn prices in the supermarkets is going to be going up before winter due to the drought they have been in.

We got home around 6:15pm Sunday evening. Spending time with grandson was great until the other house guest arrived with her godchildren. Then we didn't see much of him as he wanted to play with the two kids. We had to settle a problem with the other person's dog. She pooped upstairs one morning and one of the kids said that it might have been Sadie, my grandson's dog. My husband had been sitting downstairs with Sadie and since 6:00 am and he said that she had not been upstairs. He asked what color was it dark or lighter in color. The kids said it was a dark color. Sadie eats a food that is light tan in color and when she goes poop, it comes out that lighter color.The other dog eats a very dark color food. But other than that one incident, every thing went more smoothly.While we were there they did get some rain that Friday before we left on Sat. I saw where someone had a very bad wreck and probably did not survive. The car looked like it had been wrung out like a wet washcloth and then folded up at about a 90 degree angle. . When I told my son about it , he said who ever was driving it must have hit a tree. If they did, they must have been driving at a high rate of speed to produce that kind of damage. My heart goes out to that person's family.

+ Reply to Thread