+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rain, Rain, Rain!

Rain, Rain, Rain!

Yesterday it rained lightly all day and got harder overnight. It has been raining off and on all day today , some periods of heavy rain .It is expected to last until Monday evening due to the Tropical Storm Debby. My daylilies will love it but the remaing blooms are not loving the downpours.In fact it is raining right now as I type these word.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

That is all it seems to be doing here too. The whole summer was like that as was autumn and now it is winter we seem to be lucky to get a dry day in a week. Thank goodness for the clothes dryer.
    Abby

Blog Entries
    And here in the Land of Oz we would loooove to have two clouds rub together and make a rain drop !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

I shouldn't have posted about the rain. We found out that on June 28 that our A/C unit was toast, the compressor part was not working and not worth fixing.
    But we couldn't get a new unit installed until July 3rd, We suffered for 5 days with no A/C . We had fans running day and night but the heat built up inside the house until it was over 20 degrees higher than the outside temperature. Sleep was impossible. You know that sleep is not going to happen when even the sheet on the mattress feels hot to the touch. Thank goodness the guys got it installed yesterday and we got the best sleep last night than we had had in the last 5 days. I wish that I could have sent you all of the rain we got. Then maybe the A/C gods wouldn't have punished me
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

+ Reply to Thread