+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting A New

Starting A New

Hi, greetings to all old friends here! And Happy Belated New Year to all!

I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I had an open-heart surgery 2 years ago. And after that I felt not energetic for a long time. I just didn't have the energy to take care of my amaryllis babies, and last year I lost all of them. I especially feel bad about losing the Red Lion babies that I started from seed in 2008, but what can I say, when you have a big surgery like that....

I hope to restart things this year.
    Dave

Glad you're still with us and feeling better.
    Del

Thank you Del.
    Dave

Good to see you around Dave

Great to hear also that you are picking up your old hobby of growing again.

Look forward to your posts
    Abby

Good to see you here too, Abby.

How have been you been? Did that Minerva ever bloom for you? Mine died due to negligence.
    Dave

Good to see you here too, Abby.

How have been you been? Did that Minerva ever bloom for you? Mine died due to negligence.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Hi Dave- I had no idea your recuperation has been so long ! It is definitely a good sign that you are planning to return to gardening ! It will probably do your recuperation some good !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Dave

I've had losses through gale winds blowing my hippeastrums and other potted plants from my balcony to wherever, including their nametags.

The plants I wanted to keep a close eye on I used to keep plants on the balcony

Of the ones I was able to retrieve lot of them are now noids.

So I hope I still have your Minerva and when it does bloom it is true to its mum - being selfed I should be able to ID it ???
    Abby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDave View Post
    Hi, greetings to all old friends here! And Happy Belated New Year to all!

I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I had an open-heart surgery 2 years ago. And after that I felt not energetic for a long time. I just didn't have the energy to take care of my amaryllis babies, and last year I lost all of them. I especially feel bad about losing the Red Lion babies that I started from seed in 2008, but what can I say, when you have a big surgery like that....

I hope to restart things this year.
    Well, Dave, it's about time you were on your feet and I'm sorry it took you so long to get there and that I'm just now seeing your post!

I know what it is like to lose ones Hippie seedlings AND mature bulbs. I lost nearly all of my mature bulbs and some seedlings last year as well, but due to Mosaic virus. fortunately not all of my seedlings were grown in the same location so I didn't lose all of them and I have plenty to share - if you would like to have some of mine. I even have a few large flowered seedlings that AZ Ryan shared seeds of w/me. You just let me know and I will send them come warm weather.

Good to have you back!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread