+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A christmas card for you - to get you in the holiday mood!

Blog Entries

A Christmas card for you - to get you in the holiday mood!

A CHRISTMAS CARD FOR YOU - TO GET YOU IN THE HOLIDAY MOOD!

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/pr...66187/graphic1
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Smile

Thanks for starting this thread with such a lovely card too

Wishing you all

Love, Sunshine and

A Beautiful New 2012

With Lots of Hugs
    Abby

Hey, All!

Thank you for your patience in my absence.

2011 wasn't a very nice year for Hunter and me. For 3 years, we have tried to figure out why Hunter is having so many stomach problems after a severe case of mono. It seemed the pediatrition and gastroententolist (spell) thought it was all in his head that his stomach cramps were so bad, vommiting and diarheah were not real. He was diagnosed with acid reflux. Suddenly, I recognized a pattern.

I called his pediatrition and insisted on the best food allergist in Mobile. Unfortunately, this doctor is only in Mobile on Wed. and Thurs. There is a long list of foods that he cannot have, and others have to be tested for reactions. He even gets rashes on his back and on his neck.

He has numerous food allergies, most of which he ate a lot. He loves rice and would come home and cook a pot of rice for a snack. He cooked his hamburgers in Dale Sauce and/or Soy Sauce. Salisbury Steak is one of his favorites. Peas, for goodness sakes. There is a long, long list of things that he can no longer eat. He loves to cook a cup of beef bouilion, now a no-no. Eggs, he can do without, but egg is in so many things.

Get this! He is allergic to potatoes. He said, "But Mom, I don't like potatoes". I said, "Darling, you love french fries, tator tots and those potato patties. Those are potatoes."

Bacon and ham are among his favorites, but those don't seem to bother him. We'll just have to monitor it.

The problem is that he is 6'1" and weighs 115 lbs.

It has been a tough year for both of us, but I am hoping and praying that 2012 will be better!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL!

And do wish for us to have a better year. The good news is that that we discovered the real problem.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, I am so glad that you and Hunter have found out what it is. I kept telling people my son was in kidney failure when he got sick in 1999 and almost died from the toxins building up in his body but people said he doesn't look sick. When he lost almost a quarter of his weight and looked like a walking skeleton, then it was apparent to them something was wrong. But Because he was over 21, I couldn't tell the doctor. It was his right to talk to the doctors alone since he was over 21 years old but he didn't realize he was in kidney failure until it was almost too late.

Here wishing you and Hunter a much healthier 2012!
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Christmas Wishes Granted

Dawn,

Thanks for understanding!

Well, Hunter is certainly growing up. I was shocked when he asked the doctor if there was something he could do to help him gain weight. He told the doctor that he eats a lot, but can't gain weight. The Doctor had him tested for hyperthroidism, and he passed that test. The doctor gave a long and complicated explaination as to the fact that some food allergies will block good foods from being digested properly.

At the same time, we were having electrical problems. Home Depot sold us the wrong type of replacement breakers, but as it turned out, that was not the problem. It got worse and worse. Light bulbs were replaced, only to go out a few hours later. Outlets were not working.

So, here comes the power company, and they say everything is fine with the underground wiring to the house. He went a step further and checked my outside breaker box. Sure enough, there was a charred breaker. An electrictian was kind enough to come after dark and fix the problem.

Today, as a Christmas gift to myself and from God, I replaced all the bad bulbs once again, and I only have the bathroom night light and flourescents in my bedroom to replace (they were already gone).

The surges burned up every landline phone in the house, my wireless Belkin, and I think my large monitor. I had extension cords running all over the house. When I plugged in an expensive surge protector, sparks flew everywhere, so it is gone. The new coffee pot didn't work, but thanks to the internet, I found the instructions on how to get it to work again.

The TV in the family room that was attached to the bad surge protector would power up on a cheaper surge protector, but I couldn't get a signal. Finally, with a short phone call to Mediacom and some more research, it is now working again. Unfortunately, Hunter was without TV for several weeks while all of this was going on, but he doesn't watch that much TV and I don't watch it at all. I didn't even notice until he finally complained.

Gotta say this about Mediacom, they came out and researched and found that the black box was connected to one of the bad outlets and the bad surge protector.

So, Christmas gift #2 is that all of the lights and outlets, and my coffee pot works. I had to buy a new wireless router and a new land line phone (the old one was going bad anyway). lots of light bulbs.

Life is getting back to normal, but GEE! I have a lot of housework to do. Kindof hard to do when you have no lights. The hardest part was there was no light in the room where the inside breakers were, so Hunter and I were working together using a flashlight.

Needless to say, the wrong breakers are going back to Home Depot. I have the receipt, and they will be told that they sold us the wrong thing.

There are other blessings that have been bestowed us, but I will save them for another time.

God Bless Everyone! And again, a Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Well Ann
    By the sound of it you are looking forward to get a new start in 2012

PS. Seems to be a little glitch in the forum programme - a lot of the time when you click on New Posts It comes up that there are no new posts ? I used to close the Forum when this occurred and subsequently found that there was posts since my last visit

In view of the Forum activity, I was wondering if it could be adjusted to Recent posts
    Which would stay there a bit longer
    Abby

Thanks, Abby!

I will check into the new posts options. I know that on some forums, I use new posts, then it lists new posts since my last visit, along with new posts that I have not yet read.

There should be a way since this version is later the the version of the other that I visit.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I made a change.

We will see how it works.

Let me know.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Thanks Ann

I got 5 posts when I clicked on the New Posts just now

Hope others have the same success

But I guess most will stay away for the festive season enjoying their holiday with their family
    Abby

Ann, I hope Hunter is feeling better. Did the finding of the problem of food allergy help? Can he at least eat better now (without vomitting, etc)?
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Wow, wander off for a few months and see what happens.

Ann I am glad you and Hunter are doing better, problems diagnosed for Hunter and hopefully some normalcy returning. Lesson learned about not everyone who acts like they know what they're doing really do (Home Depot and the wrong breakers), glad you utility company was thorough!

I'm sorry I have been away so long, losing all or rather nearly all of my hippies really turned me off for awhile plus being so super busy with the new daylily group - been quiet there this winter. Hopefully 2012 will be a better year for all of us.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread