+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Cat Tale

Blog Entries

A Cat Tale

I know we have cat lovers on the board and experienced 'rescuers' at that. So here goes....
    I work in a manufacturing plant. Yesterday, I heard that a trailer had come in during the night from Tulsa and they found a cat up in the brakes. They pulled it out. I have yet to see the cat but have heard anything from 'it's missing lots of skin' to 'it's missing part of its tail'. They actually located its owners, by phone, who live near a truck stop. That must be where the cat jumped up into the warm brake area. The poor thing rode that way 130 miles from Tulsa,OK to Wichita,KS. They do not want to drive to Wichita to get it and said to give it a good home. I volunteed to take it because I am still feeling guilty over the 4 feral parented kittens who were found at the plant and taken to the shelter where they were most definitely put to sleep. Anyway, they are still trying to catch it. They almost got it today. It is hanging around a maintenance building and they are putting out food for it. But the plant is a very dangerous place for a cat. Today, I am hearing it's a kitten. That's all I know. I am sure they will catch it. Any advice on what to do once they hand me a box with a cat/kitten in it ? Oh, and I also have a dog.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

I think the most important thing is to love it I am sure they can sense that. Keep it inside for several days so it gets to know where its new home is. Introduce it too the dog gradually under supervision preferably the cat in your arms.

This is a cute link that I got for Xmas with a yodelling cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAvLl...feature=relmfu

I laugh every time I watch it
    Abby

Blog Entries
    Did you even get to foster that poor cat/kitten? What became of her?

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Rebecca- I do not know. They didn't catch it before I left that day and I never heard anymore about it and didn't ask.
    On the other hand, we have a neighbor cat who is more like a dog than a cat(he has 2 doggy brothers). Many people in the neighborhood know him b/c he will come to them for a petting as they walk past his driveway. He always shows up when I garden. He also comes into our house. He is to the point where when he comes in he will jump up onto my husband's lap to say hello. Last night the cat, Toby, fell asleep on the floor while we watched TV. He was not happy about leaving(being put out). But we get a kick out of him; he is in and through the door before I am !

http://www.landspro.com/forums/showt...highlight=toby

Blog Entries
    There are no current neighborhood kitties coming by, TTL, and if any did try My guys wouldn't allow it! Some other varmint is another story! My little pride is now trying to convince the new puppy that she is a cat and not a dog! Cheeka isn't buying it though! Luckily they all get along well - except at feeding time and then it's a free for all and don't nobody even think about takin my food!

Name:  cheeka-12wks_11720.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  84.6 KBName:  cheeka-12wks_11720.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  84.3 KB

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    AWWWWW! Cheeka is adorable ! She also looks like she can hold her own with her kitty siblings ! Congratulations ! She is precious !

Blog Entries
    I took her over to the neighbor's today to play with her two sibling and her mum. Cheeka is the smallest of them and and stand up under her sister who can stand up under the boy and then he can stand up under his mum, like stacking chairs! Lot of barking at first but they wore each other out running through the house and playing. She even said hello to her former kitty pal at Anna's. she is going to be tiny like her sire (teacup) Chihuahua. Mom is a Rat Terrier and weighs maybe 10 pounds. Cheeka probably won't get any bigger than my smallest feline, Miss Blue, who weighs around 6 pounds, but she's a bit on the chunky side!

I'll get new photos of her after her ears are up.

R
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread