I know we have cat lovers on the board and experienced 'rescuers' at that. So here goes....
I work in a manufacturing plant. Yesterday, I heard that a trailer had come in during the night from Tulsa and they found a cat up in the brakes. They pulled it out. I have yet to see the cat but have heard anything from 'it's missing lots of skin' to 'it's missing part of its tail'. They actually located its owners, by phone, who live near a truck stop. That must be where the cat jumped up into the warm brake area. The poor thing rode that way 130 miles from Tulsa,OK to Wichita,KS. They do not want to drive to Wichita to get it and said to give it a good home. I volunteed to take it because I am still feeling guilty over the 4 feral parented kittens who were found at the plant and taken to the shelter where they were most definitely put to sleep. Anyway, they are still trying to catch it. They almost got it today. It is hanging around a maintenance building and they are putting out food for it. But the plant is a very dangerous place for a cat. Today, I am hearing it's a kitten. That's all I know. I am sure they will catch it. Any advice on what to do once they hand me a box with a cat/kitten in it ? Oh, and I also have a dog.