+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having to Use Firefox browser.

Unhappy Having to Use Firefox browser.

I am having to use Firefox browser since the last updated SeaMonkey version, I have had freezing moments. It only happens with Sea Monkey.I can be reading an email in the Email portion of Sea Monkey,or surfing the internet with Sea Monkey, I get the spinning circle that Windows shows when you click on something , but the screen gets a white washed look, everything is still visible but has a white wash over it, can't scroll up or down, can't scroll side to side, can't close the window out It just sits there spinning. It may last only a moment but has also lasted for more than 5 minutes. During the spinning time. I open up Task Manager and Sea monkey is using almost 99 percent of the CPU and Memory number fluctuates. I can only close Sea Monkey then by choosing to end process. I hate using Firefox but I am at my wits end why Sea Monkey started doing this.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

I had to create a new profile in Sea Monkey to see if this profile freezes. So Far it hasn't.

sea monkey is fast and has some good features,but "opera" is better in both and is the most secure of civilian browsers.It is very customizable if one cares to customize it,but very good as it is. Opera.com.I use it on windows and linux OSes. I like "puppy"OS for speed.It will run in ram,without a hard drive installation.
    Del

If you want to continue using sea monkey,uninstall it and download it again. Save your book marks first.

Del,
    Thanks for answering. I had to create a new profile . So far this profile has not frozen.. Just have to retrieve user names and passwords from old profile and transfer to new profile. I am doing that as I get to the various forms I go to.

+ Reply to Thread