+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New gardens

New gardens

Last fall, I scooped up a bunch of very cheap 1 and 3 gal. shrubs and trees, from Lowe's end of season clearance. Averaged a dollar a shrub/tree/plant. My DH didn't think I'd be able to get them in the ground before snow or that they would survive, but I did. Well I'm happy to say, that I only lost 1, which was a butterfly bush. I have a hard time keeping the buddelia for more than 2 years.
    I planted a weigela, a ninebark, 2 viburnum, 5 barberry, 5 golden ninebarks, a knockout rose, 2 maiden grasses, 2 smoke trees, a burning bush and a couple others. I will share a pic, when I get them uploaded off the camera. I call this my 20 dollar garden. LOL!
    Happy gardening,
    Vicki in West MI

Sure sounds as if you did well to get all those plants at that price.
    Looking forward to the pix
    Abby

Blog Entries
    I got a few EOS plants at Lowe's too, love that store! Didn't get any of them planted just sunk into the pile of mulch and they all made it, even the potted lilies! If you watch carefully you can get some really nice "bargains" at Lowe's - if gas wasn't so high I'd be over there every week!

OK, now you need to take pictures and share!!
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread