+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why my board crashed and burned.

Why my board crashed and burned.

I don't have a clue, and I can't seem to get if fixed.

I'm looking into getting a new board installed. Hope to have it done in a few days. Knowing nothing about cgi scripts leaves me more than a little bewildered, but what can I do.

I know of another script that I like a lot, getting a quote on it at this time. Probably won't be up an running until early in the week. I hope I get it done that quick.

Keep up the good work, and I'll let you know when it's fixed.

Take care,
    Mike
    Michael J. McGroarty
    the "How to Make Money at Home with Plants Guy"
    http://www.freeplants.com

Unhappy Sorry to Hear You are Having Problems

Mike,

Several people have written to ask about not being able to get on your board. I explained that you are having problems. Sounds like your database has gotten corrupted. Is there any way that you can recreate the database? You may lose your data, but people can at least start corresponding again. Glad to see you put a note that it is down.

This message board uses php3 which I know little or nothing about. The database is SQL which I do not know either.

It is helpful, but not necessary to know a little html. There is a learning curve though. The message board software costs about $160 to buy, $30/year to lease (includes updates), but your web space provider must support SQL.

I do not know cgi programming either, and quite frankly I know enough computer languages already, and I am too busy to learn another. I want to focus on this site.

I have found another software package that I like also, and I will send you email so you can take a look. The users really like receiving email when they get a reply to their posts.

Good Luck, and thanks so much for letting us know that you are working on the problem. If I can be of any help, please let me know...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Thanks Ann!

Thanks for the tips.

I really don't know any way to fix the problem. My message file is O.K., I just can't open the index page.

I have another board that I've been looking at for a long time. It is quite simple to use, and sends an e-mail, which is a feature that I've wanted.

Probably be mid week or later before I get it installed.

Thanks again,
    Mike
    Michael J. McGroarty
    the "How to Make Money at Home with Plants Guy"
    http://www.freeplants.com

Best Wishes

Good Luck to You, Mike!

I will try to reconstruct my answers to the azalea problems here, just in case you can't import them from your message files. I kept notes, but won't be able to recreate them word for word.

Take care, and let us know when you have your new board up and running.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread