+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long lost member saying Hello!

Long lost member saying Hello!

Dear friends!
    I have been gone so long, don't know where to start. Except to say that I have missed all of you here. I thought of Patsy (Greatfull) a month or 2 ago when the amaryllis bloomed that she gifted me. Of course I think of each of you when the weather is nasty or nice wherever you are.
    Our spring has finally sprung, although we didn't have a bad winter. I was out edging one portion of the back border and was determined to get computer time this evening. I do check into facebook daily, seems to be a habit. If any of you are on there, and you want a friend, look me up. But other than that, don't get much computer time.
    My daffs are blooming with some of the later ones, putting up buds. My crabapple tree is getting ready to bloom and the lilacs are starting to unfurl their leaves. The forsythia are starting to bloom, a week later than usual for my yard. I planted a new portion of the back border late last fall. The ninebark, barberry along with the smoketrees and the weigela's all made it, but I think maybe the maiden grass and zebra grass didn't. Of course the daylilies also are showing new growth, hopefully I will be able to see my martagons, and orientals bloom this year, which were killed by a June 6th freeze here last year.
    We got another grand son Sept. 5th last year. So we are now up to 5, with another grand baby due on Oct. 27th.
    Time is flying to fast!
    I hope you are all doing great!!!
    Happy spring!!!
    Vicki in West MI

Blog Entries
    Hi Vicki ! Welcome back ! Glad you are having a normal spring--ours got hijacked by high temps(90) and the spring bulbs hardly lasted and flowering trees went to leaf almost immediately after sporting about 1% normal blooms.
    Are you still in the bulb co-op, can you please provide how to 'get to it' as I've lost that info.
    Congrats on the grandchildren!
    Please come back often !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy,
    No, I'm no longer involved with the bulb co-op. Just really so busy, and not enough time for relaxing.
    http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/BnPCo-opBuying/. Should be some good deals going on there.
    I'm trying to read up and see what ya all been doing and looking at the pics, etc..
    It was very nice here today, aaahhh spring! I have to get some pics to share of all the different daffs I got blooming.
    Happy spring!
    Vicki in West MI

How absolutely superb Vicky
    You are back - really great news
    Reading your post made my day
    Abby

Thanks Abby!
    How are you over on that side of the world? It has been in the high 80's here, and feels like summer. It has been warm for well over a month and I probably could have planted my veggie garden, but am just getting to it today. Seems like if I try to do it before Memorial weekend, then we get a cold snap. Last year we had a hard frost on June 6th. and I lost the veggies and had to replant.
    The iris' are blooming, lots of blooms. Last year that hard frost got them, and I only had a few to bloom. I'm excited to hopefully see my new daylilies bloom that I planted last year. My DH (Jeff) bought me $125.00 (42) worth from Gilbert Wild for my birthday. Some of them did bloom, but hoping for a show this year. It feels good to finally have 'clumps'.
    I seen my first hummer a week ago. The poor thing was poking at the weigela buds, but they were too tight still. I don't have a feeder as the gardens surround the house now and it's full of blooms for them.
    It always amazes me how the gardens go from stubs just poking out to full blown lush in about 2 weeks! The wonder of Mother nature.
    Have a great day!!!!
    Vicki in West MI

We started an early winter here still in Autumn although it is not that cold yet - the rain and wind is starting to get to me and am looking forward to spring already.

Looking forward to your 'clumps' - absolutely adore flowers en masse
    Abby

Blog Entries
    Hey Vic! Next time U Ron FB, look me up, we can chat or something.

Life has been messing with some of my plans too, so I know how it is! Hope you have a great growing season!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread