+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where Have I Been?

Where Have I Been?

Well, you deserve to know...

And truth be known, I undertook an enormous task of creating a new class in Robotics.

I miss my flowers, but this is for the kids.

Plus, I have missed more days of school in the past few months than I have missed for the past five years. Viruses, flu, they have taken a toll on me and my students.

The good news is that the VEX World Championship was this past week. Currently, a team from New Zealand is headed to Mobile to show off their robots. Get this! They ranked #1 and #3 in the College Division of the World Championship, and they are actually going to visit us. We will get to see their winning robots.

How cool is that?
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I am humbled! This World College championship team is AWESOME!

Yet, they took the time to spend the day with students who chose to come to school during Spring Break.

The most fun time was when we took our robot and their's to the front office and all of them took turns sharing in learning to drive the robots.

The New Zealand team is now on the remaining of their trip across the states, and they had so many questions that I couldn' t answer.

These are wonderful, patient, excited college students who absolutely are great at what they do!

What a precious experience to be given to us! I hated to see them go. I only wish they could have been here when it was not spring break. Maybe, next time...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

We were too busy to get a lot of pictures, but this one says a lot!

Team aMEss and Tabatha!

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    How wonderful and exciting for you as well as the students!. I've missed you and hearing about your flowers, but this has made it all worthwhile! Soon as you can, come spend some time with us and tell us ALL ABOUT the visit as well as who's blooming!
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Ann,
    As usual my hats off to you!!! Sure wished I would have had teachers like you. What a wonderful opportunity!
    Happy spring!
    Vicki in West MI

+ Reply to Thread