+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter Seed Inventory/Spring Planning

Blog Entries

To Do List: Winter Seed Inventory/Spring Planning

Now here's something to do on a cold cloudy, maybe snowy, winter day:
    If you have a refrigerated inventory of seeds--like moi--time to figure out what you have and when and how they'll get started this spring !
    Just yesterday I looked at my garaged potted milkweed plant(it missed out on fall planting) and thinking it might be dead , recalled...I harvested seeds from it--Yay ! It lives on --if I plant the seeds and don't keep them stored forever !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Even after giving away several thousand seeds (all kinds including DL I still have enough to cover the entire county. Yet I double any will be planted. I WOULD like to be able to direct so what DL seeds I have held onto, but we will have to see what space if left and how much more work my neighbor is willing to do for me come spring. As for going through the DL seeds I have, I don't even want to look at them until I know I will be able to do something with them.

Let us know how things work out for you!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Rebecca- Yes I too have a large quantity of DL seeds. My grand plan is direct sow into the old DL corral(once I get the seedlings out of it that I ran out of planting time to plant this fall). I have some flower seeds as well and oh my I just remembered lilium seeds(never have had much luck with them). I hope I have some Cleome seeds left. Oh and though they are not in my seed collection, this year I will buy and plant Heirloom tomato seeds(the little cherry type ones that come in gold/orange/red). I had them at an Inn this past year diced and served with goat cheese spread drizzled with balsamic vinagarette and a small multi grain toast--I swear I could eat day those tomatoes day in and day out !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread