+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dtps. Tying Shin Smart

Dtps. Tying Shin Smart

Hey all--

Here is my latest bloom. I got this plant for a buck at Lowe's. I had staked it out because my wife said she really liked it and I happened to find the same plant on the clearance wrack a few weeks later with great roots and a spike still attached but bloomless. This Dtps tends to flower on old spikes so I got it and let the spike on the plant-- a few months later, i get rewarded for my purchase.

The flower is nice-- but in real life it has an orange tinge to it (they consider it an "art shade"). I'm told this will become more obvious as the bloom matures.

This is also the first flower photo using my new camera-- hmm.... verdict still out on that one as it looks noisy to me.

Denver Ryan
    Parker, Colorado (6500')

Blog Entries
    YES! A buck ! Wow ! Good job on that one !
    What a pretty flower and what a very very strange name it has !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Nice! I like the white edge on the petals. Sets off the purple quite nicely. And either way, it was a heck of a bargain!

PR

Quote Originally Posted by Dazed_Lily View Post
    YES! A buck ! Wow ! Good job on that one !
    What a pretty flower and what a very very strange name it has !
    Thanks! and yeah at a buck, you can't go wrong. The best part is, if they had any idea what made this plant worth its while, it would have been priced much much higher. Excellent roots and sturdy, full leaves with another on the way-- those who grow phals know this is perfect!

As for the name...yeah...LOL I looked it up in the registry and apparently Tying Shin is the grower's name...Smart? I dunno about that except for the fact that it is a very smart-looking bloom. The breeder must have focused hard on the shape of the bloom. Wild guess but there you go.
    Denver Ryan
    Parker, Colorado (6500')

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRyan View Post
    Nice! I like the white edge on the petals. Sets off the purple quite nicely. And either way, it was a heck of a bargain!

PR
    I quite like the picotee, too, PR. You have great taste. LOL As I was saying in my earlier post, I think the Smart name might come from the look and feel and shape of the flower. It isn't very big-- maybe just over an inch wide. But the shape is absolutely perfect!!! Its form is well-balanced and it opens fully, without over extending like some phals tend to do. Its flat but curvy and it always helps to have a little ember glowing in the center like this one. I'm keeping it.
    Denver Ryan
    Parker, Colorado (6500')

Wow!!! that is beautiful Ryan

I almost missed this post I seem to be notified of new posting at random Yet I log in every couple of days and click onto new postings it comes up with none I wonder if any body else is having the problem
    Abby

+ Reply to Thread