+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot

Blog Entries

Hot

I figured after a topic entitled Cold we should have one entitled Hot. How hot is it ?

We have 99 degrees with 105 or so heat indices. It is hot . And we need rain-everything with leaves has curled leaves. Nearly everyone has given up on their lawn and gardens ! In fact, I am about to water my potted peace lilies gone outside for the summer. We are supposed to have rain tomorrow night--I'll believe it when I see it !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy,

This is the hottest summer that I ever remember having. It was 98 degrees yesterday, and I didn't even bother looking at the heat index. It was so hot that it was hard to breath.

Tropical storm/depression Bonnie is bringing some much needed relief with very little threat of damage. It is overcast, and I do hope to get some rain from her. It certainly has not been a normal summer.

I wish that our school year was a long spring break rather than a summer break. Of course, you would only say that if you have unbearably HOT summers.

I'm hanging in there...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

We got 90 or lower 90s, which is quite hot for us Northerners. It feels so strange when it is raining hard but still feel hot if you walk outside.

And I lost power for a night and a day due to the storm. Fortunately it has been restored.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Well today it was 103 with a 109 heat index. For the first time I hauled hoses and watered for a couple of hours. I read a cute article about hauling hoses and the dreaded kinks. I'll try to find the link.
    http://www.kansas.com/2010/08/07/143...-the-bane.html
    Only in my case it is the dreaded rip in the hose complete with gushing water. I actually picked up the hose around the gusher and directed it just like a spray nozzle. I have to stop buying $5 garden hoses--they look good and claim good quality but not the case.
    Bought some 50% off of 50% off plants at WM yesterday: Guara($2), Milkweed($1.25), White echinacea($1.25), and a Japanese fern($1).
    It is so beyond hot here ! AND NO RAIN IN SIGHT ! AUGHH !!!!!!
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    This is the hottest summer we've had for a long while. Western NY is not noted for its long, hot, SUNNY days. We've had weeks in the mid to high 80s with some low 90s stuck in for good measure. The humidity is so high, it feels like you're trying to breath through a sponge!

+ Reply to Thread