+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: We are BACK!!!!

Strange as it may sound, our highs will drop this month due to afternoon thunderstorms. June is often more dry with less rain, but July is usually a high percentage of chance of rain. I'll have to check, but I don't think we have ever had a high of 117, and if we did, it would definitely be a record. I may complain about humidity, but I will never complain about those afternoon rainstorms.

Don't get me started about the tropical storms or hurricanes, though! LAS! Knock on wood as PR says. We have had our share of those, and I do sincerely pray that this year will be a quiet one. What BP has done is bad enough, and I shiver to think what a hurricane would do with all that 'crud'.

Although it doesn't directly effect me, BP has taken over a good portion of our school for training purposes, I suppose. Anyway, I see signs that they are to park in the back parking lot, so I know they are there.

PR, I would like to feel feel the difference between 117 at 13% humidity vs. 97 at 80% humidity. That is something that I have never experienced.

Just curious...

I am still waiting to hear from support as to what they are doing to fix this problem (ouch!).

I do need to find a really good icon representing my feelings, tapping my feet impatiently, waiting, and losing sleep...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

To report...

Support has made some modifications to MySQL, and indeed I am not receiving as many error messages.

However, I am still getting some and even I have been bumped off. There have been 6 errors since 8:31am CDT. These have been reported so that they can compare with their logs.

Thanks for you patience. We are getting there. I think, but gotta admit it has been a nightmare for me!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I hope you get it solved soon Ann.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Thanks, Dawn!

If it was something that I could fix on my end, that would have already been done.

Unfortunately, I am relying on web host support, and I do understand that their nightmare has been much worse than mine.

There are 1,350 sites like mine on that server...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Are We Still Having FUN?!?!?!!

My last response to the web host support team...

"LAS! I have the magical powers, but I simply have no control over them.

I refresh my forum page, do a "who's online" and POOF, everyone is gone, including me, so I have to log on again.

The errrors are not as frequent, but they are still there..."

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Seems I have not missed anything in my absence, except problems and I have had enough of them right here and in real life!

Hang in there Ann, the host servers will eventually get all the kinks hammered out!

I am still trying to get steady help with the house and such and have been taking pictures of this years blooms and trying out different cameras (I think I have found THE ONE!) Fighting ants that have invaded like aliens from another planet - they are EVERYWHERE!!! Also still training new neighbors on how to be GOOD NEIGHBORS, but they are slow learners!

Still waiting on approval for additional PT for the shoulder and in the meantime I try to do what I can to keep it from locking up again.

Had to get a new bed and then a lift chair - OM! LOVE that chair and it is actually helping with hip and knee issues I'd been having!

Cathy your "C27" has had a few "perfect" blooms - I WILL send them to you, promise.

Kim, Patsy and anyone else who wants Hippie seedlings (Jan I KNOW you do) please PM me and make sure I have addresses and how many you can handle. Will try to mail out once the weather begins to cool off.

I know there is something I am forgetting an I'll remember it eventually!

Ciao!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Finally!

Between Vbulletin and my web host support, we think the problems are finally solved.

I remember that I was one of the last accounts to be restored (out of 1350) because they had problems restoring landspro. Apparently, there were 6 tables in the database that remained corrupted. I gave them the freedom to turn off the database while I got some much needed sleep. Web host support has access to my administrative controls, but they don't know the software that well. They did, however, know how to turn on and off permissions while they were working on the problems. So, if you saw errors, my apologies.

It has been six hours with no errors. Hopefully, no one is getting bumped (logged off) anymore.

Thank you for your patience. Now the real FUN begins again!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Cool! While it has taken time to fix it seems they were not really difficult fixes. Too bad all problems aren't as easily solved!

Now if I could just get everything back in order up here so I knew what I was doing and could get to everything in one 24 hour period. Yeah like THAT'S ever gonna happen!

TTL for beautiful Flowers that take out minds off of things!

(Had to go back to the 12th to find re-sized images!)
    Attached Images      
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Sorry for my obvious absences...

The forum software and database is performing better than it has in years. I have received absolutely no errors since the final fix.

Sad news since that time is that I found Taco, Hunter's 10 year old chihuahua dead on the bed in the spare bedroom. Strange as it may sound, suddenly, I became the child and Hunter the adult. He kept saying, "I'm sorry, Mom." Hunter and his friend buried him in the back yard.

Strange how some dogs are so much sweeter, more loving and innocent than others, but Taco was the most dearest of them all. Oddly enough, he never realized he was a dog. He loved the kittens and begged to be with them when they were born. Buddy, to bossy-bully one is still in mourning. We will all get over it in time, but I miss my little Taco. He was Hunter's gift from Santa in first grade. Tiger, the blind kitten has decided he owns the area close by my feet by my desk. Strange, but they all seem to know that Taco is missing.

Life is going to get back to normal soon. School starts for me this week, for Hunter next week.

I'm just so glad that I don't have to worry about bot spammers or website crashes for awhile. I'm ready for Landspro and my life to be active again!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann and Hunter,

I am so saddened to hear that Taco has passed and now plays like a pup over the Rainbow Bridge. All of the kitties and dogs will know he is gone and will grieve just as you do. They may even display some out of character behavior for awhile, but everything will get back to normal, although it will be a new kind of normal.

Glad you have the site and the software working the way it should! Yippee,and about time!

Have a great week!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Ann,
    I am so sorry that Taco has passed away. Coal and Sugarfoot send their condolences also.

Blog Entries
    I have not seen Baby, my 17 yr old for the third day now and I fear she has gone off to some secluded place and died. While she has gone AWOL before, I just don't get that feeling this time. I haven't told Christa (daughter) yet (Baby was originally Christa cat). She may yet come through the back door. . . .

This is the last image I have of her; taken on 6-22-10 while she napped on the back porch of Leo's (former) house. She loved to nap over there because it was quiet and no one bothered her.

Name:  Baby-Snoozing-at-&#.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  83.8 KB
    "Baby Girl" 1983 - 2010
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Ann & Rebecca, I'm so very sorry for your losses. I dread the day I lose my sweet little Deane and Crystal. But hopefully that's still a ways off, yet!

PR

Rebecca,
    I am so sorry that Baby is missing. Do you have coyotes in the area? If you do she may have been a victim of one of them. Here in FL we have a county that has them and one neighborhood has seen an increase in the attacks on small animals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2