+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: We are BACK!!!!

We are BACK!!!!

I am so sorry! It has been a long, hard 3 days for me.

The new server crashed, and they had difficulty getting landspro back up for some reason.

If you sent me an email, please resend as I lost all emails in the last three days.

You have to realize that I was afraid that we lost ALL! I don't think any posts were lost, though.

Hopefully, this will never happen again!!!!!!!!!!!

My apologies....

I had no way of notifying you, and quite honestly, I didn't know much to say as I just kept checking for us to come back up.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Thank goodness ! I didn't know if it was weather related(Hurricane Alex). Server crossed my mind. Interesring how host providers typically don't tell when they are changing servers--not sure why that is a common practice.
    However, yay for the site being back up !
    Thank you Ann !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Glad the site is back!! I was getting worried when emails were being returned. Didn't email about anything too important, just to let you know the Maguire's shipment cleared customs and should be on it's way to my house shortly. Hopefully will be there Tuesday or Wed.

PR

Thanks, Ryan! Indeed, I lost a lot of emails.

There are currently a few issues with the restore, and I am working on those as we speak.

Good news about customs.

I'll send you an email as soon as I catch up...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

My most recent support ticket has finally been answered. I and others have had the problem of being logged out prematurely without finishing a pm or post. The problem should be fixed now.

Please report any further issues... As of an hour ago, I was still receiving database errors, but only one since then and that was one that logged me out before finishing a pm.

Hang in there with me... Life should get back to normal soon!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

testing this is a test

this post will be removed later

testing123 is me, in case you wondered...

The advanced support team is currently working on the remaining issues. It seems that a table was corrupted in the database which is still occasionally causing problems. They are going to try to restore it.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Support tells me that the problems have been fixed, so please do let me know if you experience any problems.

I've been up all night, so it is time for me to get some sleep...

Thanks for your patience!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Yup, we are still having some hiccups.

I am working on it...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Support is working on what I believe to be the potential problem.

If you post, please copy it just in case you get logged off when you try to submit. In meantime, I at least wanted you to be able to read.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Good thing the trouble is happening during a slow time for the website. I think everyone is either out in their gardens, or in the pool trying to stay cool!

PR

Thanks, Ryan! And thanks for the email... Yes, it is nice to have my email back again. Now, I am getting request from regular accounts to verify my email address. This happening at the first of the month when most of my utility bills arrive (paperless) was not a good thing.

I am so excited about the Macquire' order. I am not sure I am quite ready, but I have the pots, vermiculite, perlite and probably not enough potting soil. I will start making labels this weekend.

Normally, the forum is not quite so quiet this time of the year, especially for daylilies, but you are right. It should pick up in August-September. That's when I hope to plant some more perennials, revamp some of my beds with mulch.

During the next few weeks (yes, only 3 left till school starts again), I will spend my mornings and evenings in the garden. Midday is too hot, so some of that time will be in my classroom. I am teaching a totally new math courses this year, so I need to rearrange files.

Meanwhile, this issue is in the hands of the top expert at my web host server. I have sent him tons of documentation about the database errors that I am receiving along with feedback from you all.

Thanks for your patience...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I can save you a little time... Maguire's sends little name tags with each bulb. They're not meant for permanent marking, as they are done in pencil, but can help in a pinch.

Hard to believe school is starting in a few weeks already. Summer is flying by! But I'm ok with that, at least as far as the weather is going. We peaked at 117 last week. I can live with out that! Too hot to spend anytime outside. This time of year is all about just keeping things alive until the weather cools again. At least the daylilies are doing well. I think it will be safe to invest in a few more now that I know they can handle the heat.

PR

Actually, teachers start back in a little over 3 weeks. Students start back in four weeks. It's like this... Professional Teacher Development Days, Aug. 4-5, Teacher Institute Day, Aug. 6, first day for students is Aug 9th. YUK!

Ryan,

Enter a post on the daylily forum regarding varieties of daylilies that do not require a lengthy cold period. Rebecca, Cathy, Dawn and many others know the differences better than I do. The ones that do need these cold periods will not survive as well in our climates as those that don't.

Also, there are some varieties that are more resistant to rust.

Lots to learn, but you have all the expertise here that are willing and ready to help.

In the meantime, experiment and enjoy! Before you know it, you will be hybridizing!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I agree- summer is flying by. But I don't like it one bit. One of my favorite things in this world is the quiet of the summer evening and night and I miss out on that as I work at night. I try to make up for it by taking frequent walks as breaks from work!

PR your temps are insane. 117 is mean! Maybe we could convince AZ and CO to average their temps. Our high was 68 yesterday because of storms. Even averaging you're still looking at 92+ degrees. And even though we have cooler temps, its the sun that'll get you here. Even in the dead of winter you can get sunburn if unprotected within 20 minutes. But if you plants have adapted to it, this sun makes things grow really well. So far we've been lucky in CO this year-- few wild fires and with this rain, finally, things are too dry any more. I'm so thankful for the rain, too! I planted a bunch of trees this past weekend and a daily drenching rain has really helped me out.
    Denver Ryan
    Parker, Colorado (6500')

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast