+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any one else looking for Spring weather ?

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Any one else looking for Spring weather ?

Is it the central plains or what ? Spring was here and then...poof! Gone for over a month. It has been chilly here and now rainy--any place else wondering where Spring went ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

In Phoenix, we're normally complaining about the heat, but this year has been so nice! We normally hit our first 100 degree temp sometime in April, and this year, we're forecast to hit it at the end of next week. I'm not wondering where spring went, but I'm sure glad summer has stayed away!

Phoenix Ryan

We are ok overhere (in SE Michigan). Maybe still a little cold to you guys' standard, but we feel "warm" here.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/48188

Let me tag on a question. With this kind of temperature, can I bring the hippeastrums outside now?
    Dave

Cathy,

The weather here has been about average (70-85). There have been some long dry spells, but it rained yesterday and today which will help with pulling weeds. I was about to start pulling sprinklers around again.

Ryan, I think our record high for May is 100, but it won't be long before we are in the 90's, but it will feel a lot higher than that due to all of the humidity.

I hope this summer will bring the normal afternoon thunderstorms which cools everything down. The plants love that.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed_Lily View Post
    Is it the central plains or what ? Spring was here and then...poof! Gone for over a month. It has been chilly here and now rainy--any place else wondering where Spring went ?

Cathy as far as I am concerned it is still too cool to be spring, especially pushing the end of spring. I need 80+ temps or I'm flat freezing! AND, according to my friend Manny over in the Tuscany region of Italy, it is still down right chilly over there too - so much so that he has to close up his little greenhouse at night or his tomato seedlings (he breeds tomatoes get chilled.
    Hopefully Mother Nature will get her act together here forth with and give us some h eat! FREE HEAT!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread