+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Addenium

Addenium

Addenium AKA Desert Roses, I just love these.
    Attached Images    

Very nice! Did you bonsai them, or do they grow that way naturally?

PR

made them that way by lifting the roots every time I transplant them. You can start a plant by stem cutting but the cuttings don't get the cadex(bad spell), only the seed grown gets it that way..

Beautiful specimens you have, Jan. A walk through your garden must be pretty spectacular-- everything you show us is gorgeous.

PR, sometimes I wish we had different tastes in plants, but we keep biting off on the same things. I'm off to browse Logees. LOL
    Denver Ryan
    Parker, Colorado (6500')

Quote Originally Posted by ryan820 View Post
    Beautiful specimens you have, Jan. A walk through your garden must be pretty spectacular-- everything you show us is gorgeous.

PR, sometimes I wish we had different tastes in plants, but we keep biting off on the same things. I'm off to browse Logees. LOL
    I know. We just keep feeding each other's affliction... LOL

Jan, what do you mean by lifting the roots?

PR

Thanks DR.
    PR, You bring up the main stem 1-2" toward top to expose more roots when you transplant. These DR gets huge in the ground down here.

Beautiful, Jan. I don't have blooms yet. What do you fertilize with? So far mine only have a slow release.
    Patsy

Beatiful collection. We used to have Desert Roses where I grew up. They are so common that we didn't pay much attention to it. Now that I live in the North, I appreciate it more.
    Dave

Thanks!

Patsy, I use slow release firtilizer too. The largest one is about 9 -10 years old.
    The cactus(Chamaelobivia/ hybrod Rose Quartz) sitting front of the DR is in bloom now with 20 flowers., I just had to share.
    Attached Images  

Oh, it would almost have been a sin for you NOT to have shared that! Thank you, Jan !!!
    Patsy

+ Reply to Thread