+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dtps. Sin-Yuan Golden Beauty

Threaded View

Dtps. Sin-Yuan Golden Beauty

The latest to bloom in my collection. The color is a bit more muted than I had expected it to be. Perhaps next season, under my own version of culture, the colors will be a bit more vivid, or so I hope. I still really like it, though. For now I'm going to blame the fact that my sunroom got quite warm yesterday! This is why its shape is a bit weird, too. I have to figure out a way to regulate the temps in this room for the plants that won't go outside during the summer. It got to a balmy 90F in the room yesterday!

Denver Ryan
    Parker, Colorado (6500')

I like it!

Didn't you just have a foot of snow on the ground a few days ago?

A friend of mine put a special window tinting on, and was able to cut the amount of heat that entered. I'll see if I can track down the name of the stuff for you.

PR

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRyan View Post
    I like it!

Didn't you just have a foot of snow on the ground a few days ago?

A friend of mine put a special window tinting on, and was able to cut the amount of heat that entered. I'll see if I can track down the name of the stuff for you.

PR

Welcome to Colorado!!!!

We didn't hit 90 outside, only in the sun room. The outside temp was around 76F. A wonderful temp, but not if you have 20 knot winds! No temp is good with 20kt winds.

Our last snow was a weird one. The temp was above freezing but you could tell the temp probably only a few hundred feet above us was below freezing-- and so a squall would rumble through and dump on us-- then the sun would come out and with what sounded like a downpour (as it dripped off the eaves and went down the down spouts), every bit of it would melt immediately as the waves of sun would move through. It was very strange. An inch of snow would disappear in under a minute.
    Denver Ryan
    Parker, Colorado (6500')

Very pretty!

http://www.concordwindowfilms.com/os...p?cPath=453740

That's the film he used, and highly recommends it. His living room used to bake until he put the stuff on the south facing windows.

+ Reply to Thread