+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daylily Show

Threaded View

Smile Daylily Show

Our daylily club is putting on our annual show on May 1 , 2010 at the First baptist Church of St. Petersburg. 1900 Gandy Blvd North, St Petersburg, FL 33702. We will have judging from 12 pm to 3 pm. After judging the flower display will be open to the public. Along with the show, there will be a plant sale that starts at 10:00 am and will last as long as the plants , If they sell completely out the plant sale will be over. Come and join us if you are in the area. We would love to have you!
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Bit to far to walk to so please do post the winners here!

Speaking of DL, do I owe you any from last year's sales?

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

No Rebecca, you don't owe me anything

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn View Post
    No Rebecca, you don't owe me anything

Thanks!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Here is the first bloom of Red Cloud Mesa maybe the second bloom may bloom for the show
    Attached Images  

Red Cloud Mesa sure is a very nice contender - hope it does well in the show.

Looking forward to many many pix from the competition
    It should work as a good fix as I have not seen a flower in several weeks but I do have a scape coming on which I hope opens before the winter sets in.
    Abby

Blog Entries
    Looks like BRB had a good day! A VERY GOOD DAY!

(BRB= BRER RABBIT'S BABY - the big (illusion) dark red UF)

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

I forgot to say that I was able to enter a flower(usually I don't have blooms in time for the show or no blooms at all or they bloom after the show date), this was my first time entry under my name alone. My friend Terri had two flowers to enter , when I have no flowers Terri says come raid her garden so we enter both names on the ticket and she takes the ribbons she wins and I get the ones she doesn't care to keep. It has worked for us so we keep doing it that way. But I entered Red Cloud Mesa under my name as single entry. I got busy with placement duty and clerking I wasn't able to get many pictures. I won a blue Ribbon for my flower of RED CLOUD MESA. There was 3 flowers of it and mine had the best color , form and edge consistency ( I asked why if there was 3 of the same flower what were the differences that caused mine to be the winner of the ribbon).

I like the self portrait with daylilies (the first one).

Congratulations on the Blue Ribbon award!
    Dave

Blog Entries
    I forgot to say that I was able to enter a flower(usually I don't have blooms in time for the show or no blooms at all or they bloom after the show date), this was my first time entry under my name alone. My friend Terri had two flowers to enter , when I have no flowers Terri says come raid her garden so we enter both names on the ticket and she takes the ribbons she wins and I get the ones she doesn't care to keep. It has worked for us so we keep doing it that way. But I entered Red Cloud Mesa under my name as single entry. I got busy with placement duty and clerking I wasn't able to get many pictures. I won a blue Ribbon for my flower of RED CLOUD MESA. There was 3 flowers of it and mine had the best color , form and edge consistency ( I asked why if there was 3 of the same flower what were the differences that caused mine to be the winner of the ribbon).
    This is great news Dawn! Next time it blooms get a shot of it and post it, please!
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    There is the first bloom picture at the top of this thread. I can't any more pictures of it as I had to cut the scape off the plant to enter it into the show. I believe it is a rebloomer but it will produce more scapes in a few weeks.

Blog Entries
    Rebecca,
    There is the first bloom picture at the top of this thread. I can't any more pictures of it as I had to cut the scape off the plant to enter it into the show. I believe it is a rebloomer but it will produce more scapes in a few weeks.

DUH! RCM looks like it has either EL DESPERADO or FOOLED ME in it's lineage. Glad it opened a second bloom for you and you were able to take it! AND WIN!!!
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread