Spring is sprung and has been leaping forward rather quickly this year due to the unseasonable warm weather. Crocus and all come and gone as have a lot of the earlier Daffodils. Grecian Windflowers are holding on better than expected, but the Blood Root, which doesn't last long to begin with seems to have come and gone in the blink of an eye! The tiny Mini-Dwarf Bearded Iris are having a nice showing this spring after several years of not blooming.

Name:  honey-bee+crocus-.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  84.6 KBName:  bloodroot-1..jpg
Views: 105
Size:  84.8 KBName:  purple-crocus_317&.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  82.7 KBName:  striped-crocus-w
.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  99.3 KBName:  bloodroot..jpg
Views: 104
Size:  99.1 KB

Jonquils and Narcissus are blooming now along with early Darwin Tulips and a couple of Double flowered types. The tiny lavender sweet violet is showing up here and there in the flower beds and in the Daylily breeding beds in sharp contrast to the Dandelions! Violas brought home from the store are showing off here and there and my favorite little "Checkered Lily" (Fritillia???) is blooming, although I did lose some of my older bulbs. The various Flowering Allium are all beginning to show buds, from the small headed pinks and yellows on up to the giant flowering heads of Purple Sensation and a couple of species ones I have. Even one of my two Rhododendrons is beginning to flower, the species/primary hybrid one I have.

Enjoy the show!

Rebecca