+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spring Flowering Bulbs in My Garden

Blog Entries

Spring Flowering Bulbs in My Garden

Spring is sprung and has been leaping forward rather quickly this year due to the unseasonable warm weather. Crocus and all come and gone as have a lot of the earlier Daffodils. Grecian Windflowers are holding on better than expected, but the Blood Root, which doesn't last long to begin with seems to have come and gone in the blink of an eye! The tiny Mini-Dwarf Bearded Iris are having a nice showing this spring after several years of not blooming.

Name:  honey-bee+crocus-.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  84.6 KBName:  bloodroot-1..jpg
Views: 105
Size:  84.8 KBName:  purple-crocus_317&.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  82.7 KBName:  striped-crocus-w
.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  99.3 KBName:  bloodroot..jpg
Views: 104
Size:  99.1 KB

Jonquils and Narcissus are blooming now along with early Darwin Tulips and a couple of Double flowered types. The tiny lavender sweet violet is showing up here and there in the flower beds and in the Daylily breeding beds in sharp contrast to the Dandelions! Violas brought home from the store are showing off here and there and my favorite little "Checkered Lily" (Fritillia???) is blooming, although I did lose some of my older bulbs. The various Flowering Allium are all beginning to show buds, from the small headed pinks and yellows on up to the giant flowering heads of Purple Sensation and a couple of species ones I have. Even one of my two Rhododendrons is beginning to flower, the species/primary hybrid one I have.

Enjoy the show!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    I tried to show more blooms yesterday, but my machine would not let me! Here's more!
    Attached Images          
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Even more! Last group was out of order, time line wise! Oh well!!!

Name:  mini-dsiris-2..jpg
Views: 98
Size:  84.6 KBName:  mini-dsiris-5..jpg
Views: 97
Size:  83.1 KBName:  pinkcharms-1t..jpg
Views: 98
Size:  81.7 KBName:  redbud-1t..jpg
Size:  82.7 KBName:  primrose-1..jpg
Views: 95
Size:  83.9 KB

I realize the Red Bud Tree isn't a bulb, but it is such a nice picture I have to show it. I have it in super size for use as wallpaper if anyone wants a copy.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    I have to show these! This Rhododendron is one of 2 I have left of the many I rescued from the dumpster low those many years ago. I also still have a couple of Azalea Mollis but haven't checked them lately to see what they are doing.

Name:  rhodo-spec..jpg
Views: 93
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  thalia-1..jpg
Size:  80.0 KB

Name:  passionale-1t..jpg
Views: 100
Size:  78.8 KB
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca, your photography always amazes me. Thank you for sharing your world.
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Patsy! The Kodak helps a lot!

Here's a link to a collection of backgrounds I have made from some of my "normal" images. Enjoy the show and do download any you like!

WALLPAPER
    May 23, 2007 >>pay no attention to this date, don't know where they got that from!!!
    by Hemmaholic >>was my original alias!
    Background images, widescreen.
    View Album
    Play slideshow

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca, beautiful flowers & photos! most of those I can't grow down here. Thanks for sharing.

Jan

Blog Entries

More Lovelies!

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]This is 'Thalia' the "Orchid Narcissus", multiple blooms per stem - I have seen as many as 5 this season.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]I'll show some of my Dwarf Standard Iris next![/COLOR]
    Last edited by Rebecca; 04-21-2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: images did not appear!
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Only a few Dwarf Iris, but then I have only a few!
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Thought I had lost this one, but seems a small division was mixed in with DSI 'Mr Roberts'![/COLOR]

Name:  betty-boop-4..jpg
Views: 86
Size:  123.2 KB

Name:  DSI-MrRoberts-1..jpg
Views: 86
Size:  82.7 KB

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Oops! didn't caption these! Both the above are 'Mr. Roberts'.
    [/COLOR]

Name:  Margos-DSI-1..jpg
Views: 84
Size:  79.7 KB

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Sneak peek at this one I got from Margo Reed. Should be fully open by this evening. [/COLOR]
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Good to see Spring has sprung for you Rebecca

Adore the tulips - have a few bulbs in the fridge but do not buy too many as they are only 'disposables' here in the warmer climate but I still buy a few every year.
    Abby

Blog Entries
    All of the tulips and daffs in this latest post were purchased last fall, only time will tell how long they will last. Some types live for years and others seem to disappear after 3 or 4. Tulips, that is, not the Daffodils.

"R"
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Wow Rebecca, they are so beautiful! I do miss some of the Northern bulbs.
    Attached Images    

+ Reply to Thread