+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daylily (Hemerocallis) Seeds - Who Wants 'Em?

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Daylily (Hemerocallis) Seeds - Who Wants 'Em?

lease PM me with your mailing address. These are from my own breeding programs (SPUF, Mini-SPUF, Northern Hardy Re-bloomers including Patterns, near whites, various pastels and melons) Some Tet crosses for Tet Unusual Forms.

No promises on how many or what crosses, but since I do know most of y'all I will choose carefully! Do let me know if you would rather work with my Northern Hardy ones though as these are mostly hard dormants.

Some of my seeds will be going to Europe to three gentlemen in particular and any I can not find homes for here in the States will have to go to the AHS's International Seed Bank. I Might be able to grow out a couple hundred seeds and I have well over 3,000. Bummer I can not send them to Abby, but AU frowns on it w/o proper certification. While there might be some future Stout Medals Winners in the bunch, none are worth the fines and possible jail time!

Sue I already have your preferences, like you're in any better shape than I am! We can both handle a few though and trade if needed/warranted.

Oh! Forgot to mention, I would like to have a division back of anything that proves to be of registration quality.

Will most likely have some seedlings to send elsewhere this fall (late summer). All the ones that came back and that I had kept from the field bed made it through winter and several are in really nice shape. - Meaning good to great increase and some not so great. Blooms will decide stay/go call.

Rebecca

Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

I have been debating with myself since reading your post, Rebecca.

But yes, if you still have them, I would like to grow some more this year. As for your preference, please pick your preference. I don't really have a strong preference, but I am in general interested in hybridizing procees, so whatever you like is fine. And yes, I can send a division or the whole plant back to you if you see a good one because although I am interested in new pretty flowers, I am not as serious as you are in hybridizing.

Also, if you happen to have some seeds that are not so important but many of the same breed, may I have some? I want to try hydroponic daylilies, but since I will try different nutrient concentration, pH, etc. some of them might die. That is why I am asking for some unimportant ones as far as hybridizing goes.

Thanks for your generous offer!
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDave View Post
    I have been debating with myself since reading your post, Rebecca.

But yes, if you still have them, I would like to grow some more this year. As for your preference, please pick your preference. I don't really have a strong preference, but I am in general interested in hybridizing procees, so whatever you like is fine. And yes, I can send a division or the whole plant back to you if you see a good one because although I am interested in new pretty flowers, I am not as serious as you are in hybridizing.

Also, if you happen to have some seeds that are not so important but many of the same breed, may I have some? I want to try hydroponic daylilies, but since I will try different nutrient concentration, pH, etc. some of them might die. That is why I am asking for some unimportant ones as far as hybridizing goes.

Thanks for your generous offer!

Dave,

I like you idea for the hydroponic trial, but I may not have seeds for experimentation purposes, perhaps the bee pod seeds would be perfect for that and I usually save several just for fun. Wouldn't be a lot, but might be enough. I will watch for those when I get started going through them.

PM me with your mailing address, although I'm sure I have it around here somewhere! just easier if you send it to me again!!!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Thanks, Rebecca. I am sending you my mailing address via PM.

Don't worry about seeds for experiment. I was asking to see maybe just in case you had a lot of bee pod seeds, but you probably don't collect those. I did "steal" some seeds from the daylily in our house subdivision (they had plenty of them growing) and I probably have enough for experiments.

Dave
    Dave

Blog Entries
    You have a PM!
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Dave
    The hydroponic experiment sounds interesting.
    What sort of a setup have you got?
    Abby

+ Reply to Thread