+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flower Shows, Albums and Pictures

Threaded View

Flower Shows, Albums and Pictures

Hi, All!

We have a new member from Philadelphia. When I was browsing her pictures, I was much more than awed by all the work that she has presented on the internet via Flicker. Fantastic, absolutely FANTASTIC! Laura has a true love for these precious jewels, and I am so glad that she found Landspro.

So, I have decided to create this new subforum, and I hope this is the best place for it. The link to Laura's album will be 'sticky'.

Trust me! She has dedicated herself to this photo album, and it is very much worth taking the time to browse the pages, but I suspect it will take numerous days to enjoy all of her work.

Thank you, Laura!

Here is the link to her album...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lblanchard/

Absolutely FANTASTIC! What a fabulous SHOWCASE!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing them, Laura. And thanks for linking them from here, Anne.
    Dave

Awwwwww....

Many great photo opps, a great camera, and best of all ample time to go back and shoot again and again till I have them right. Thanks, both of you for your kind words, and I'm glad you've enjoyed them.
    Laura Blanchard
    Philadelphia PA
    lb_philly@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Laura, This is a new subforum, so it will take awhile for the older members to discover it.

I am still in awe! And I am honored to show your photo album link.

Great work!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Laura
    I can feel your love of plants and photography through this album
    Thanks for sharing this treaure with us
    Abby

Just a QUICK glance told me I want to spend an hour visiting your album...as soon as I have one! BEAUTIFUL and SKILL-FULL!
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    Neat photography, Laura! Guess I have to step it up now, eh?!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    Neat photography, Laura! Guess I have to step it up now, eh?!

Rebecca
    The time lapse isn't mine -- but by all means, step it up! That can only mean more wonderful pictures to look at!
    Laura Blanchard
    Philadelphia PA
    lb_philly@yahoo.com

Blog Entries
    We'll see what the Kodak can do with the DL's and others come bloom time. Got a few decent shots of spring flowers the other day but haven't resized for the web yet!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Ok, I know it's been a [I]long[I] time since I've posted (how it does fly!). Right now I'm planning for spring: I bought a nice 3/4 acre lot in town about three blocks from my house to put my dahlia collection. I'll keep you posted on the progress. That should keep me out of trouble for a while! I was using friends' yard space, but that just meant a lot of traveling back and forth.
    This fall I started a Dahlia blog (I still hate that word), with pictures of some of my gardens and show varieties. I'll be updating it next week, once the contractors stop tearing my house up, and my computer gets hooked up again.

http://clearcreekdahlias.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    First of all, your "Journal" looks very good! Your Dahlias are fantastic and how many of those ribbons were your's? The bucket with stationary posts and tie downs is a very good idea! I have several "blogs" and can't keep any of the current! Started to re-do my Daylily Blog a year or so ago and still haven't gotten anything moved!

3/4 an acre is a nice little piece of land - home got a good deal on it! I would love to have twice the space my neighbor lets me use but that isn't going to happen, so I will have to become very disciplined about moving out the plants that don't make the grade. Have to move the DL from the back yard come spring and then still hope to have some room left to sow some seeds. Worrisome situation. Once I move out all the plants from my back yard I have to get it put back to grass. that is not going to be fun. If neighbors would cut down the trash trees I would have to do all the moving around. Oh well. . . .

Again, great hearing from you and your "Journal" looks great!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Rebecca!
    Actually, except for the big Court of Honor shots at the RDS show, all the ribboned dahlias were mine. I still have more ribbon winners to post.
    I'm hoping the weather is better this coming summer. Last year was a terrible year for growing dahlias. With almost 200 varieties planted, sometimes I was hard pressed to come up with 20 entries for a show!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Thanks, Rebecca!
    Actually, except for the big Court of Honor shots at the RDS show, all the ribboned dahlias were mine. I still have more ribbon winners to post.
    I'm hoping the weather is better this coming summer. Last year was a terrible year for growing dahlias. With almost 200 varieties planted, sometimes I was hard pressed to come up with 20 entries for a show!
    Congrats on YOUR wins and ribbons - we all start somewhere! I am hoping for a better season as well - for my Iris and Daylilies and all the plant re-location I have to do! Please do post more of your beauties and a few here wouldn't hurt!

I love Dahlias, just can't grow any of them other than the Dwarf bedding type.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread