+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Directions - Inserting Images Into Your Posts

Directions - Inserting Images Into Your Posts

Click on Reply to thread

Then click on Go Advanced which is on the lower right of the quick reply box.

Remember that you will need a short text message, so describe to image you are attaching.

Click on the paper clip in the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor.

You will be prompted for the location of your image. Be sure to view thumbnails... When you find the one that you want on your hard drive or memory card, simply drop and drag to the location that is stated.

Drop and drag means to left click and hold on the picture you wish to attach, then move your mouse until the pictures shows up in the correct box that states to place it here. When you release your left mouse button, the picture should display. If not, try again. Sometimes, it takes a little practice to get it right.

Then, click on preview to make sure that the post with the image is what you want.

More later...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

There was an additional upgrade to fix a spam problem. Now, uploading attachments doesn't seem to work.

I will contact support to see what's up...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Well, it seems to work now. You get the browse button again...

Name:  unread.png
Views: 94
Size:  12.3 KB
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

mmmmm....

They seemed to have totally rewritten the code for attachments, so I'll have to rewrite my instructions.

Sorry, I'll do that later.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Well, that only seemed to work because it was a small image. I'm still working on it.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

This is causing me some difficulty. Do not think I am getting it right, the pix seems to have come up as an attachment

I think the photobucket is a lot easier to use than trying to do an upload here at present time.
    Attached Images  
    Abby

You have to 'insert inline'...

I have the major problem resolved. There was not enough php memory, but don't worry about knowing what that is. It has to do with my hosting service.

It will get better!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

I still (as of yesterday) can not do an attachment, well not on purpose anyway, but I can embed images via my Picasa albums. I sent Patsy a set of three screen shots and instructions on how to do this and while I can not use them here until I up load them to my Picasa album, I can email them to anyone wanting to see them.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Try again! I think the problem is resolved. It was a server issue.

I have spent the morning deleted all those spam (bot) accounts. There were over 15,000 of them and most of them tried to join within the last 2 years.

I still have to require moderation of any new members, but at least I am not getting so many requests on a daily basis.

Try, try again. It will be worth this upgrade in the end...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Trying Again. . . .

to attach an image instead of embedding it from an outside source.

I made screen shots of all the steps except this last one, so we'll see what did or did not happen. . . .

I am pleasantly surprised. One thing I did notice when doing the screen shots is that certain steps did not show up at other times I had tried this, the step would not load completely seems to have been the issue. This next attachment shows what I was not getting before. Am still a bit befuddled aas to why these new up loads are shown a "?" in the thumbnail. Perhaps it is because they are not permanent items in my albums. Something to investigate.

Now then speaking of albumns, Ann, can space be increased so albums hold more than 60 images?

TIA!
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by Rebecca; 03-02-2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Additional information
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Here are all the steps as recorded on screen shots (5 attachments)

Rebecca
    Attached Images          
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Here are all the steps as recorded on screen shots (5 attachments) and in order!

Rebecca
    Attached Images          
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

Thanks for documenting the process of attaching images. I have done a little research on why the thumbnails are ? marks, but at this point, I'm afraid to touch any more settings for fear of breaking what is working. I don't know this new system well enough.

I will have to figure out how to get to the settings for more than 60 images.

Please give me a couple of weeks. Last week was grad exam tutoring. This week is grad exams. Next week is end of quarter reviews, testing, finalizing grades and unfortunately, we are also being audited next week (meaning the state department of education visits our classrooms, observe and make sure that we are doing everything perfectly).

I am grateful that those 15,000 spammers in the last 2 years are GONE! Now, when someone registers, they will most likely be real gardeners.

Thanks, Rebecca!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

Don't worry about it. As long as the actual images shows up in the post it really makes no difference, plus, I still think it is because these are not permanent items in any of the on site albums and definitely not my own.

Glad you liked the instructional screen shots. Irfanview makes them quite easy to do, but they do have to be cropped and re-sized or they'd fill the entire viewing screen!

The screen shot app is under "Options" and the procedure must be started in Irfanview in order to capture the shot. I can't tell you about the setting as to what part of the screen one want to capture as I use the default setting. After that it's a simple matter of going back to the page you want as the screen shot and clicking on "Ctrl" and F11 at the same time as it automatically goes back to Irfanview so one can crop/edit/add text, whatever before saving it - and they must be saved to your hard drive or it was nothing more than wasted energy.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread