+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crossing Fingers

Crossing Fingers

We're having some of the greatest weather-still. We've had one very light patchy frost,some time back. but lately we're experiencing daytime temperatures of high sixties,low seventies Fah. My hippeastrum are growing better than they ever have before,especially Papilio. The forecast is more of the same for the next ten days. We are also getting a lot of light, slow rain,which is soaking in. Rain is ordinarily scarce in the winter time, in Florida.
    This past summer, the sunlight was so intense, that it burned the leaves of all hippeastrum, not in the shade. This weather is more than making up for that resulting lack of growth.
    Del

For sure, I have been crossing my fingers as well.

So far, there have been no hard freezes and none in the forecast until after the beginning of Christmas break.

Currently, there is over 68 inches of rainfall, and my yard flooded really badly today. Oh, well. It's not the first time.

The temps are warmer than usual here, but not as warm as yours, Del!

Still, a very unusual year...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

The local news station says that we are almost at our record high in rainfall for December. Based on the current forecast, it is anticipated that we will go beyond that record.

For the first time in four days, there has been no rain today. It was chilly and windy, but it still looks like we will make it almost until Christmas without a hard freeze.

Crossing fingers, for sure!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread