+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Family

Sweet Rebecca!

I know that I am being quiet and for many reasons. I have my ups and downs, but I hope you do know that you are all important in my life and your thoughts and prayers mean more than I can ever express.

Hugs!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Dear Ann, You're so very thoughtful as always, thinking of us when it's all you can do to take care of yourself. Just please remember we're here in case you need a few shoulders, always continuing to pray for your comfort.
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    Ann,

No explanations needed! Will try to make more like these and post from time to time - I have 2 new programs for making these and the newest one does all kinds of things with Java scripts, just gotta learn how to use it!

This was/is one of my rescued Phals from Lowe's.

Hugs and Kisses!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Just so all of you would know, I am okay.

My older computer went down, so I had to get a new one. The new one is having problems, and I have spent hours trying to isolate the problem. I am not there yet.

My internet service is up and down as usual, and there was a bad flood in the back yard again, so lots of cleanup to do.

The good news is that my last class of the day at school is fast paced Algebra (honors?) had 35 students. That was way too many 9th graders to handle. It has taken me 3 weeks, but I convinced them to split the class. What a difference! I now have 18, and they are learning and behaving.

So, at least I am not coming home everyday with tears in my eyes.

Life is going to get better, but I am way over my head in things that need to be done.

I am looking forward to spring! I don't even have time to think about how long I have to wait for that...

Gosh! I need to see some flowers!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, good to know you are doing fine. Does splitting into 2 classes mean you have to teach both of them, or another teaching is handling the other class?

I bought a new computer over Christmas break too. I have received it but haven't even opened the box. Talk about procrastination!

Spring is coming in less than 2 weeks. For us here up North, we are still in winter after spring arrives. But for you I guess spring is spring.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Ann,

While I do not have the work load you do, let alone the responsibilities you have I can certainly sympathize with feeling overwhelmed! And while this is not "the proper topic/thread" here are some flowers to brighten your day!

From last Spring - not far off for you, now , Ann!!

Last one :

Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Ann,
    I have not got some flowers but I have a plumeria that bloomed in Nov. I lost it in the Dec-Jan freezing weather we had.
    Attached Images  
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Dawn,

Bummer. . .

No issues here with weather, well, not inside, but I have been invaded by aphids and they are doing a number on my hibiscus and a couple of my cacti that are trying to bloom. Sprayed with oil soap, but they came back with a vengeance - complete with ants herding them about!

R
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    Try dunking the cactus into a pot of hot water , real fast. The hot water will take care of the aphids and ants. Just the top of the cactus, not the roots.

Cathy,

I'll move them to a new thread under houseplants when I get home this evening.

Very pretty, and thank you all!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Hi, Everyone!

This is just a followup for this thread and Rebecca's blog.

My teacher friend who was going through chemotherapy died yesterday morning at 8:55am. I don't know if anyone at school could realize how hard it was to hear this news on the announcement with a request for moment of silence. My fingertips slapped rapidly and frantically on my desk, and tears instantly flowed from my eyes. My students watched me, not understanding.

After a few short weeks, they have learned my hand motions and it was to just be quiet and hold on...

I would have given anything to be able to leave that room, just cry in memories of the horrow of my Mom's death and all that pain. Now, my new friend's. My students were so very good, so quiet. They watched as I tried to compose myself. It was hard. Finally, I managed, and I explained what had happened last year.

They listened with concerned ears, knowing that I was hurting inside, tears still flowing.

If you haven't read Rebecca's blog, then you do not know that I visited her Mom in her Mom's home before Mama died. Then, she let me have some of her Johnsonii which I dug up and then weeded her bed.

This was before Mama was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. A few months after Mama's s death, my teacher friend's Mom died suddenly.

That is when I became friends with my teacher friend. We share the loss of our mothers and talked in passing (that is all you can do at school). I really started liking her and wished that I had known her and her Mom for longer.

Then the news came in May, that my teacher friend had pancreatic cancer and was undergoing chemo.

Chemo didn't work, so I fight tears all day long wishing that life could be different.

Tears flow...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    I am so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. If you need shoulders to cry on we are here for you. I know that it has been 7 years this New Year's Eve since my mom passed and I still get emotional when I think of her. Keep her in your heart and she will be with you always.

Blog Entries
    Ann,

My soul is crying out for you, your loss and the pain I feel from your post. God Bless the Children, tho they may not be small, for their quiet understanding and respect. With this posting comes an Army of Angels to help heal your heart and you Soul and bring you comfort to help you easy through this time of tragedy. Oh, Ann, I am so sorry. . .

Moment in Time

by Cynthia Kepp

We talked,
    We walked,
    for a Moment in Time.

You passed through my life that day and left your mark.

You may never pass my way again,
    Or you may stay for a lifetime.

No matter what,

I want to say thank you for the impression you made
    that will stay with me for eternity.

I enjoyed the walk,

I enjoyed the talk.
    I am blessed for that moment in time.

The first time I saw you I knew you would affect my life,

though your role I did not know.
    I asked myself, "Why is he alone?
    Why does he sit so quiet, all alone?
    Is he sad?
    Is he glad to be alone?
    Is he alone?
    Is he lonely? "
    There is so much I want to know.

I asked myself, "Why him?

When so many people pass through my life each day,
    why him? "

What attracts me to you?

What makes me want to know more?
    I want to know.

Even if my questions are never answered,

There is one thing I want you to know.
    I have been blessed by the effect you had on me in that
    Moment in Time.

Much love,

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Ann, I don't know what to say. This feels so sad. I pray that you receive some strength and peace from above!
    Dave

Ann, my heart and prayers are with you today.
    Patsy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast