+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Family

Ann,

Your dear mother has gone so far is just a little over 2 weeks. I know your head must be spinning as your mind scrambles and heart breaks from being forced to taken it all in. No rationalization will make that any easier. At this point I am praying often for my Lord to bring you comfort. Anything I deliver myself is just words. Every person, relationship, and situation is very different so none of us can truly completely understand every aspect of your pain. For me to say differently would be an insult. Take all the time you need to find the right way for YOU to release the pain and frustration this has brought to you. No one can, or should try to... take that from you.

I believe all your LP friends wish we could be there physically to wrap our arms around you. Please know that the arms of my spirit are holding you close. I know you don't grieve for you mother...but rather for all that was and could have been that has abruptly changed. We have but one mother. Your missing her so deeply honors her life and her memory. Great-fully, by now she has spent time with the One who has once again granted her health, strength and a smiling heart. She has walked on golden streets and in green meadows with those you both love who awaited her. Her soul, unlike yours...has been restored. I so much hope the sweet memories of her that you will share these next few days with close friends and family will fuel your heart for the days ahead.

What a wonderful woman your mom must've been to have inspired you as a daughter. I wish we could all have know her, too.

My love to you...
    In Him,
    patsy
    Patsy

Ann
    You are in my thoughts

Abby

That is beautiful, Abby
    Patsy

Ann, My sincerest sympathies to you and your family. You will be in my prayers. How is Hunter handling this? He will need you more than ever right now too. May you all find some peace as your sweet Mom has done.
    tennessee sue

Sue and ALL,

The last few weeks have been hard on both Hunter and me. Watching your mother go so quickly has been hard. I am thoroughly exhausted and grateful for the holidays to have some time to try to absorb all that has happened in the last few weeks.

Hunter is a strong young man, and he did fine until at the grave site. Tears were flowing in his eyes, as well as mine and many other family members and friends. It was Hunter's first time to be a pallbearer, and I know that this memory will be with him forever. Hunter will miss his Nanny terribly but like me, it is so sudden, it doesn't quite seem true.

All of you would have smiled if you heard my three little nieces speak in the service. All are under 10 years of age and as precious as they can be. Each one spoke about Nanny and her gardens, how she held their hands and showed them how to water the flowers. The third one sang a song that she wrote for my mother. I don't know if she had a title, but I would call it "I have missed you." I had never heard my little niece sing and to think that this tiny little girl wrote the song that she sang so beautifully for her Nanny. My mother would have been so very proud of them. Of course, she is proud of all of her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Then, at the gravesite, my older nieces (mothers themselves now) sang with broken voices and tears.

I saw relatives that I have not seen for 20-30 years. That is precious and meant so much.

One of the big surprises was seeing Mrs. Hansen. She was the lady who gave us a ride to church every Sunday. She was the secretary at our elementary school. Every Monday, we would walk through the woods to go to the church for GA's and then Mrs. Hansen would give us a ride home. I was amazed that after all these years, she still has that beautiful English accent and is as pretty as ever.

My mind has been in a fog. Names of people, even close relatives disappeared because I was so tired and I have been so sick, but staying up nights with Mama.

One thing for sure, looking at her today, she is at peace. She is not in the pain that I watched in the last few weeks, especially in those last few days.

Thank you all for being my friends!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, it must have been difficult. It is going to take some time. May you have strength and peace from above!
    Dave

Ann, I am so sorry to hear the news of your mother's passing.
    I am here for you if you need hugs(((ANN)))) and if you just need to remember things we will listen.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Dearest Ann,
    I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. May God bless you and Hunter at this time and for evermore. Until now I never knew just how hard is it to convay to others my sympathy for the loss of a Mother. I am with you.
    My Love to you both,
    John

Memories are truly the greatest treasures we possess...actually our only real possessions. Thank you for sharing your precious new ones with us. What a tearful yet joyous tribute that must have been. My prayers continue.
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    Like so many families about the only time I see all of my close relatives is for weddings or funerals. IN the case of the latter it is good to have some joy offset the sadness.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Thank you all for your warmth, your kindness, your prayers, your friendship and your hugs!

It's hard to believe all that has happened in the last month, yet slowly but surely, I am trying to move forward again. Needless to say, I am so far behind on everything. It is overwhelming.

I'm looking forward the Christmas break. I need some time to myself (away from the 100 students) to absorb everything that has happened so quickly. Cancer is not something that has stricken my family before, so this was quite a shock.

Alice showed me some pictures taken on Halloween which was the night before she was admitted to the hospital. I was shocked. Her skin was not only yellow, it seemed orange in comparison to my fair complexioned neices and nephews.

I don't know if I told you that in the emergency room, she was first diagnosed with inflamation of the liver. Of course, the hospital personnel immediately suspected that she was a heavy drinker. NOPE! She never had a single drink in her life. So, they ran more tests.

It took several days, but somehow I knew. It was the first thing that came to my mind, pancreatic cancer. Friday afternoon, my Mom called me on my cell phone as I was walking to my car after school. She told me that they had put in a splint to drain her liver. It was the beginning of the next week when she was allowed to come home.

She still did not understand the seriousness of her condition, and she thought that she would make it through the Christmas holidays. She had lots of company, local and from Texas. The nights that I would get up at midnight, dress for school and drive to her home, I would see at least 9 cars parked outside her home.

The nurses explained that she was doing so much better because she was not only at home, but family surrounded her. It was like an adrenaline rush for her. It didn't take long for that rush to go away. She declined rapidly and was not able to respond.

I had hoped, prayed and planned for my mother to live at least 10 more years. Who would have ever known? She was 78, never drank and never smoked, yet cancer consumed her.

I'm okay, and I am hoping that life will get back to more normal soon, but it will be a long time before the pain and sorrow goes away. I will think of her every time I look at a flower. Gee, I think of her constantly...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

My heart is still heavy for you, Hunter and you family over this loss; I just don't know what words to use. If I were there I'd give you a hug, all I can do is send cyber hugs your way

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Dearest Ann, I'd planned to stop by and leave you a shot of my newest bloom to brighten a few of your moments day. After reading your note I think not. Please know I'm still praying for immeasurable grace to pave your way....patsy
    Patsy

Patsy,

Blooms bring good memories and thoughts! I just came back inside after removing blankets from some of my potted plants. Everything looks good. Only a few plants have melted leaves.

My pink camelia has many blooms and lots of buds. There is a smaller camelia, a hybrid that has a couple of larger, doubled light pink blooms and lots of buds this year.

I will always enjoy blooms!!!

Hugs to you!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Day Brightener

This one's for you, Ann! May it brighten your day and lighten your heart!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast