+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Had a Heart Surgery!

Had a Heart Surgery!

Sorry I haven't been posting. I had a heart surgery about 2 weeks ago, totatlly unexpected. Just felt some pain, went to the ER room in the evening, and later that night/morning, I was told that that it was so urgent that it had to be done immediately (something about aorta).

I am back home now.... ordered to rest and can't drive for the next 4 weeks; but the most painful times are over. I am expected to have full recovery although we don't know for sure when that is going to be.

I am still feeling tired, but once I regained strength in a week or two I will probably post more because I will have more time because I am not allowed to work yet.
    Dave

Dave ,
    I hope you will follow your doctor's orders and rest and not try to do too much too soon. Doing so may result in a relaspe.

But I am glad to hear that you are feeling some what better than you did two weeks ago.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Thank goodness you are Ok Dave!!

Look after yourself.

Abby

Glad You're With Us!

I'm glad you woke up to this world. We would like to enjoy your presence a while longer.
    Del

Thanks, All! I am glad to be back too. It was like:
    before the surgery: not sure if I would be back (was warned that I might not)
    1-2 day after the surgery: wasn't sure if I would survive and if I wanted to (it felt so terrible)
    1 week after the surgery: knew that I would be back
    2 weeks after the surgery: know I want to be back

The doctor said based on my age and general health condition, they expect full recovery into normalcy although that is not going to be an overnight thing.

First day I came back home, I found my Minerva was almost over. The bloom was starting before the surgery; I took a cotton swab and self-crossed 2 flowers.
    Dave

Wow, Dave...I'm glad you went to the ER when you did and caught the problem in time to be repaired. Aren't our bodies miraculously designed? I'll look forward to 'seeing' you a little more while you're recovering. Hopefully the weather change will give us all a little more PC time.
    Patsy

Dave!

I read this news in the morning, and I am always in such a rush that there was no time to respond.

That is shocking news, but I am so very glad that it was caught and fixed before any unrepairable damage. Get rest and take wonderful care of yourself so that you will be better than new!!!

I did miss you as well as others, but sort of figured that everyone was frustrated with my absence.

I am so glad to know that it is fixed. They do wondrous things nowadays, and the good part is that now that they know there is a problem, they should be constantly on the lookout for any others.

Hugs and get well very soon!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Dave- What unexpected news. I am so glad you are recovering. I chuckled at your post about crossing an amaryllis. I'd say that is a very good sign that you are mending !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread