+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some pictures from Switzerland

Some pictures from Switzerland

I don't where is the chit-chat area, but since some have asked for them, I will post some pictures that I took when I went to Switzerland. It was a work/business trip, but I did get to do some sight-seeing.

This is not the hotel I stayed in, but it is close by. I drove by it every day. I like the window boxes. I guess together with the building and surrounding, it gives some nice European touch.

Main (Train) Station in Zurich: trains from nearby cities and countries all come here.

Part of "Old Town Zurich," a tourist area where you can walk by the river and see the nice buildings:

There was a swimming festival that day. There are lots of swimmers. It goes for hour and hour of people continuing in the stream of water.

A famous and expensive restaurant (I read later).

just another view:

This is a Church where Swiss reformer Zwingli used to serve as a pastor:

In a park I saw these big "chess set." It was nice. Here a family is playing. Dad and one son is against Mom and another son.
    Dave

A few more city shots from Zurich:

Dave

A trip to the Lucerne mountain and lake:

I took a city tour in this:
    Dave

Dave

Very nice , I wish I could visit there!
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Dave, Thanks so much for posting these pictures. What a beautiful place, I hope you had time to explore some. I have Swiss heritage but know I will never go there so really enjoyed the tour. Great shots too.
    Is that a stork nest on top of the restaurant? How nice.
    tennessee sue

Dave,

You are definitely in the right place.

Those are gorgeous photos. They would make great post cards.

Like Sue, I will never be able to travel overseas, so it is wonderful to know someone who has and is willing to share the experience.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

And Welcome HOME!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Great Pix
    Love the old traditional style of architecture
    for sharing
    Abby

So quiet on this forum. How is everybody doing???

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures. I was going to post them when I was in Switzerland, but I worried that they might be out of place.

Sue, yes there is a stork nest on the roof of the restaurant, but it is a fake one. If you notice the name of the hotel/restaurant is "hotel zum Storchen." Someone told me that storchen meant stork. It used to be that real storks would often build nest on the roof of the restaurant, so they decided to call the hotel by that name and added that stork there. I think it is still nice even though it is not a real stork.

Here is a closer view from another angle as I walked passed by it....

Dave

Blog Entries
    Dave,

Thank you for the pictorial vacation! It was wonderful to have such a personal view of a place I've only read about. The architecture is fabulous! The skies and waters looked so clean and clear! Loved all the "rubber duckies" children young and old used on the lake? river?, just too cute!

I've been busy trying to empty the field bed into a temporary home for keepers and a holding area for the plants that will be shipped out soon and harvesting seeds! Close to 300 crosses now and will be that when they are all in. Had to order more baggies today as I will run out before all the pods are in. No biggie considering I haven't had to buy in in at least 2 years! When I get all the seeds in and take care of my European daylily newbies I'll post a link to my Google Docs so y'all can see it and let me know what you want, gratis this year, well postage is all. More on that when time gets closer. Not selling this time, only sharing with my friends.

All y'all have a good one!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

for sharing these fabulous pix with us Dave

As Rebecca says an 'online holiday' - the next best thing to travel.

Glad to hear your seedlings survived.

BTW How did the bulbs go with the treatment.
    Abby

Dave
    I'm just adding my voice of appreciation to the many already published. I've been away from my PC so long I've seen almost nothing that's been happening here. Imagine my surprise when I returned from having taken my long over-worked body to the beach to find I've also been 'virtually' vacationing in Europe...a place I've always wanted to see. Thank you! I enjoyed it so very much. Glad we didn't trade travel expenses.
    Patsy

Wow! What a beautiful vacation/work trip. That is awesome, the
    buildings, the people, the water, and clear blue skies. Looks like you
    had a wonderful time. What is it that you do Dave? Just wondering . . . . . .
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Vicky
    We missed you and your postings. Glad to see you are back

I was so looking towards your new daylilies you got last year, now they settled in.

Dave's pix are really great and there seems to be only a few people around to appreciate them.
    Abby

Vicki, I am a software engineer. I write software that communicates with machines. The company I work with has a sister company in Switzerland. For this trip, I went there to program their machines.

Haven't seen you for a while. Have you been away?
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast