+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A New addition to family

Smile A New addition to family

Here is a picture of our new addition to the family,His name is Coal, he is along haired dachshund about 5 and 1/2 months old.
    Attached Images  
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Awe, isn't he a cutie! I just love puppies! Especially when they belong to someone else!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    Our daugther bought him, he is registered and microchipped. So if he was to be missing we could have a way to find him. We are trying to teach him to roll over, so far he is learning,he has done it with out help several times now. When he needs to go out side, he just comes and sits in front of us , just looking at us.

Dawn,

He's a cutie pie!

Microchipped? What an excellent idea! I lost a pekingnese once and advertised in the paper. After every phone call saying that someone thought they spotted her, I would go to that area of town and call and call and call her name which was Shannee.

I missed her for a very long time, but never saw her again.

Unfortunately, over the years, I've gotten to the point of realizing that I can't get that attached. It hurts too bad. Now, I know that if I do, I can get him/her microchipped.

Cool!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Aww! Is Coal cute or what. Makes you wish they always remained puppies.

Sweet Thing is over 2 years old and she has mastered the game of "fetch". Climbs up on the bed next to me, drops the ball and expects me to go and get it

That is not covered in the Training Manual.
    Abby

My younger sister, Alice was born when I was 17, almost 18 years old. Within the year, I was gone to college and in 4 years, I moved to Texas for a job. I missed her terribly but would pack up before Christmas with goodies for her and drive the 12 hours overnight to deliver her presents and spend time with her.

One year, I bought her a Barbie Doll house. Despite having driven the 12 hours, I managed to stay up on Christmas Eve to put together the Barbie Doll house that I had bought for her.

Alice had a dog. I don't remember his name, but he was the best dog that I think anyone can have. The only problem was that this beautiful creature would chew on huge pine cones until there was nothing left but a shredded core. Each and every time I opened my car door or trunk to get something out, this cute little critter would deposit one of these chewed pine cones in my car.

He had apparently learned that if he put one in a car, the owner would toss it out, then he could retrieve it and make another effort of placing it in the car.

Needless to say, with no sleep for over 24 hours, this didn't work too many times for me, so I went back to Texas with chewed pine cones in my car.

It's amazing that I remember that after so many years...

Pets are some of the best memories that I have!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    Coal is showing us that he can fetch a toy that we throw, sometimes he brings it to us or sometimes he takes it over to a spot and lays down to chew on it. Most of his toys are chew toys so he doesn't chew our shoes.
    Abbyje,
    What kind of dog is Sweet Thing? Coal likes to play with a toy that has a squeaker in the head and tail, it is supposed to be a raccoon. He will grab it and then shake his head as if to say I killed it and then he chews on the squeaker portion. He likes to grab kit and hang on to it while we drag it along the carpet.He is so fun to have in the family.

Dawn

For the first few weeks it looked so much like a Maltese Puppy and then almost overnight it seemed as if someone had swapped it.

I paid for a Maltese Terrier and got sold a pup. But whatever, she is very much loved. Check out my Avatar - she is my Chief Gardening Assistant
    Abby

Abby,
    Terriers are such a special and smart breed. I love them all. Here is a shot of my garden assistant. Shawnee is a Jack Russell terrier. SHe is doing squirrel patrol here.
    Attached Images  
    tennessee sue

Aaawww! Shawnee is absolutely beautiful Sue

Hey Ann !

What about starting a Pet's Corner ???

All these gardening assistants should have a place

Perhaps it could go in the Recipe's Section which also is not quite gardening

Abby

Sweet thing and Shawnee both are just so cute! Coal keep us in stitches as he tears through the house chasing us or Kaleb. He things it his job to nibble on our hands and feet when we stroke him and play with him. He has one toy that he likes to play tug of war with and hit squeaks when he bites it on either end. As soon as I get pictures off the camera I will upload some more of him.

Another shot of Coal

Here is another photo of Coal being alert
    Attached Images  

Coal has the sweetest little face - an absolute delight.
    Abby

Abby,
    His long hair coat is starting to come in. As it does I will post more pictures of him.

Does Coal have a short coat for summer and a long coat for winter ?
    Abby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast