+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OT: Kitten

Threaded View

OT: Kitten

We don't really need another kitten, but I can't help but to feel that Hunter did the right thing.

He found this kitten in a wooded area. His left eye was all messed up, and Hunter was sure that he was going to lose the eye. Anyway, he brought it home and is taking care of it himself in his bedroom.

A trip to the Vet says that it truly a HE and that the eye will recover, but how much eyesight remains to be seen. Medication was given to help...

The kitten is 6-8 weeks old, all alone and left to fend for itself. My nephew said that it looks like a tiger, so if the Mama comes around, he is out of there.... So, his name is Tiger!

Just thought I would share!
    Attached Images      
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Poor little thing, I'm glad Hunter found this little one and rescued him too. Bless his heart! I am certain that with Hunter's ministrations and all the TLC Tiger will be getting that he will be healthy and extremely happy in no time flat. I have a feeling he is already a happy little camper.

Since this kitten allowed Hunter to pick him up, heck just get close enough to pick him up he was cared for by humans at some point. And he probably hadn't been oh his own for very long. kittens are quick to become suspicious of people and this one's easy acceptance shows he has been "socialized".

I have a very soft spot in my heart for felines, why else would I have so many myself!?

BTW, is the kittens middle name "Woods" by chance, since that is (kind of) where he was found?

Good on you, Hunter! I'm proud to know you!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

He does look like a tiger. His ears are big! Maybe because he is still small. When he gets bigger maybe they won't look that big.

I just checked out the songs written by Del. They are pretty good!

And I did not realize Del was a he until just now!
    Dave

The kitten is getting friskier and friskier every day, but he hides under Hunter's bed after we put medicine in his eyes. He is quite playful which does indicate that he has had human contact.

Yes, I remember having to ask Del about the he/she thing. I figured that the answer was he, but had to ask.

He is a songwriter, singer and long time hybridizer of hippeastrum. He also used to have a Rose nursery, is a Vietnam War veteran and a devout Christian. There are lots more of his songs that I would like to link because they are GREAT!!! I am in awe with his diversity and accomplishments.

Prior to now, I think that Tom was the only forum member who knew of my passion for music.

I am grateful that Del has given me permission to link to them...

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

The kitten's eye has been saved, but he will most likely always be blind in the left eye. He currently does not respond to the vet's test of vision in that eye and that eye is smaller and more recessed.

The right eye is damaged, but he apparently has some vision in it because he does respond to movement and can see something. How much, we do not know.

Hunter loves this kitten more than any other pet that we have had and the kitten loves the boy that rescued him, so I guess there is another kittie in the household.

Tiger is adorable and by far the most enjoyable kitten that we have ever had. Of course, the others were one of a huge litter, but one has to realize that I did not help give birth to this one, and he was apparently abandoned before his eyes even opened. He is definitely a miracle baby. Heart breaks that people would do that...

Anyway, no one wants an almost blind kitten and that breaks my heart even more, so here we go again...

Bottom line is that the kitten is grateful for having found a loving home and definitely shows his appreciation and love.

Heart Break Hotel, right? We did not need another cat!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Yes, Abby!

I should have a sub-forum for pets. We will think about that.

For now, I wanted to give an update on Tiger. He is the most adorable kitten that I have ever known. Last night, Hunter was gone, so I checked on him and fell asleep on Hunter's twin size bed with Tiger purring up a storm as I held him close to my chest.

Tiger is blind in the left eye and has very little eyesight in the right eye, but he doesn't seem to mind and can see well enough to know when we enter the room. Tiger is precious!
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread