+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cilantro seeds-boy are they slow!

Threaded View

cilantro seeds-boy are they slow!

HI
    I had given up, I soaked some cilantro seeds I had saved and planted them. It must have been two weeks ago I planted them, and last night they suddenly began to sprout!! who knew they would take so long to get going???

I think I will try some more parsley, I didn't get much response from those seeds, and I think two weeks is long enough!!

So exciting to see these guys popping up!!
    Linda
    Linda

Linda, Parsley takes even longer to sprout. Up to 3 weeks. But worth t ewait. I need to get some more basil startred so I can make some pesto. I just cut my shives back after they finished blooming and already they have abut 6 inches more of growth. We have been having baked pottoes with fresh chives. Yummy.
    tennessee sue

Sue
    You are making my mouth water
    Abby

Well, I just discovered some ornamental peppers seeds that finally sprouted, I had planted those even before the cilantro seeds.I guess I am just a little impatient, but it is late June!! I know I should already have things in the ground, but I just keep starting new seeds!!! I love to watch them pop up and grow.!!
    Linda

cilantro

cilantro , parsely and peppers like cold . [ stratcation ] . I have gotten into the habit of putting seeds in frezzer [ kills a lot of bugs , eggs etc ] , then into the icebox [ refrigorator ] for a week before planting . Then a wash with either 2 drops of bleach or about 2 oz of H202 in a quart of water . rinse - soak 2 or 3 days in kitchen window and then into tuperware till I see roots .
    Dig hole lay in sprouted seed , sift dirt till can not see seeds , cover with paper towel , sprinkle water . Good luck .

Thanks for that Roy
    I will try my Capsiccum seed like that
    Abby

+ Reply to Thread