+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you see spring, please send it here

Blog Entries

If you see spring, please send it here

As I write, it was a rainy day and it is cold--maybe low 50's at present. We had a few days a week ago that reached 80 and I searched for my shorts and tee shirts. Now I'm sitting here in a sweat shirt and sweat pants.
    My peonies are trying to bloom but look anemic--I guess they don't know what to make of the weather. Ditto for most all other plants. However, my hellebore and bleeding hearts seem happy.
    I'm sure by Tuesday we will be baking but for now...it is quite mysterious these swings in temps !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy, We did have spring a couple of times but it back to cool and wet here. We had rain all week lst week and will most of the week this week with temps falling into the 40's again. Ihave ben trying to do a little painting inside and am far enough behind outside anyway without this weather change. But it will be back again someday. I hope it is soon. The rain is killing my joints.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed_Lily View Post
    As I write, it was a rainy day and it is cold--maybe low 50's at present. We had a few days a week ago that reached 80 and I searched for my shorts and tee shirts. Now I'm sitting here in a sweat shirt and sweat pants.
    My peonies are trying to bloom but look anemic--I guess they don't know what to make of the weather. Ditto for most all other plants. However, my hellebore and bleeding hearts seem happy.
    I'm sure by Tuesday we will be baking but for now...it is quite mysterious these swings in temps !

Cathy,

As you know, the weather you have eventually reaches me, so I am also ready for warm weather! Rest assured the plants will figure it all out and the Peonies may have something else going on with them that would account for their "anemia", I would Google: Peony Culture and see what is said about problems the peony can encounter. For something that can live 100 years and more, there really isn't a lot that can bother them, unless it is being planted too deep or in too much shade.

Good luck and keep doing the "Sun Dance, maybe you can get the temps up to normal - whatever that is these days!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Sue- I too an hurting with joint pain. I'm sure Rebeccca will be as well.
    Here is a photo of my peonies. I don't know--I guess they look OK. The lower flower was the first and is pretty much bloomed out. I think I'm just not seeing the whole peony bush in bloom. Maybe these are the 'scout' flowers. The buds do look good though.
    P.S. The sun came out today--see unfamiliar 'brightness' photo--I think rain is coming back though.
    Attached Images  
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Ok, I'm ready for Spring too. Yesterday the high was 47, and it was down in the 20s last night. My beautiful black iris blooms got zinged before I could take pictures, and I had to cover up plants that were waiting to go in the ground. Tonight it's supposed to go below 32, so I didn't even bother to uncover everything today. Right now it's a balmy 43 degrees and dropping. Sigh...........

This is hard for me to imagine.

Today, it is supposed to get to 90 degrees, and someone told me that it is the first day of the hurricane season.

There are so many plants that you can grow that do not do well here, so at least we can enjoy each other's seasons.

Cool would be nice on this first day of our summer break, but I have to tell you that I am so very glad that frosts/freezes are over until next winter.

Often, I think that I should just pack up and move to Hawaii. Nice thought, but it will never happen. I will just have to enjoy my memories and feel fortunate that at least I have those.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Believe it or not, we had a light frost again last night... Mother Nature's last little zing....

Just want to gloat - we had two consecutive days of 25C+/77F today
    For us spring must be just around the corner - also spotted a couple of blow flies, that is always a sign
    Abby

+ Reply to Thread