+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wake Up Call...

Wake Up Call...

I thank Hans-Werner for leading me to this you-tube video.

The story behind Susan Boyle is that she was born with brain damage and lived with her parents until they died. She has never dated and was never even kissed, but you have to listen to some of her songs. I promise you that I will do what I can to support this beautiful woman to become one of the biggest successes ever.

With tears running from my eyes, I have watched this over and over. Part of the tears are in memory of a girl named Olivia who sang in a talent contest in my high school years. She got scared at the last moment, broke down in tears and could not sing. But believe me, Olivia had a beautiful voice. Susan overcame the snickers and is marvelous.

See for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

1984 - I Don't Know How to Love Him

In her younger years, a beautiful woman...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/videos-...6908-21322004/
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Cry Me a River

Gosh!

I hope she records more songs...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/videos-...6908-21283593/
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    I wish someone would burn me a CD of all of Susan Boyle's songs. I can not get U-tube or other video/audio files because this PC just doesn't have enough memory. I have heard bits and pieces on the TV news, but would really love to just sit and listen to this lady with the voice of an angel who can mesmerize Simon Cowel! I pray she wins this competition i the UK, but I am afraid the "popular people" may be the ones chosen in the end. More's the pity too as Miss Boyle brings a blessing to all who hear her sing. (Even if only a few sound bites!) Let's hope the Brit's have more heart that they do here in the US (with such shows).

Ann, thank you for sharing some of Miss Boyle's story; I had not heard it before.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

Right now, I can only find three of her songs, and I don't know how to download them to a CD or I would.

The only thing we can do is to rally for her in the US and hope that she produces a real CD for sell. I believe that will happen, and I would not be surprised to see it happen soon. She will have to sign up with a major recording studio and the releases will then be made.

Indeed, her voice is that of an angel and the story behind her makes it more angelic.

OMG, to have a voice like that and not be able to profit from it would be such a shame. She has my vote any day of the year. So, if you get a chance, promote her. She has talent that I hope and pray will not be forgetten any time soon....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Yes, she is amazingly gifted with an angelic voice. God works in mysterious ways! I hope she does well for herself--she definitely has a stage voice !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Today was the teen idol competition at my school. Fortunately, I as able to attend. As I listened and watched the 10 teens perform for about 1500 students, I was in awe.

They all did so very well, and although none seemed nervous, a few told me that they were. The first girl sang with no music backup and she was fantastic. There was one boy that sang with no accompaniment (spell?), and he also did quite well. Two boys sang to their own guitar music, and they were good, but not my favorite. Another boy sang to his own guitar music, and I gather that he is popular because there were a lot of cheers.

The rest were girls who had recorded backup and they were awesome.

Listening to all of them, I was elated to know that there was so much talent. I wouldn't doubt that there is tremendously more, but to perform in front of that many peers at such a young age has got to be mighty hard.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

This woman has a sweetness in her face, which comes from within. Many people have made a good living singing, who weren't beautifuly featured.
    The age we live in,probably because of television has a tendancy toward the
    shallow and short term. There still is some opportunity. American idol has an age limit. So,this wonderful voice probably would never have been heard here.
    I hope she does get to have an album. I love to hear Paul Potts sing,too.
    He was discovered on that show.
    Del

Hi All,
    I couldn't agree with ya all more, this lady deserves it all, with the voice of an angel. AMAZING!!!! Gives me goosebumps when hearing her sing.
    Paul Potts is also truly amazing! What a voice!!!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread