+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Herding Cattle with Jet Skis !

Blog Entries

Herding Cattle with Jet Skis !

We've had a little rain(6 inches in a matter of hours)
    The link doesn't work anymore --it directs to the aftermath of the Greensburg tornado two years ago...and then who knows what.

http://www.ksn.com/mediacenter/local...et&navCatId=17
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Wow!

Cathy, Are you okay? How's the pond and the geese?

That is one awesome video!!!!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann- Thanks for asking...I'm fine...the pond reached its high water mark..I've seen it higher...I could see the deck of the dock across the pond..sometimes you can't. Never did remove the sandbags around the house foundation from the fall rains...told hubby last night that I think they will become a permanent addition
    Geese and ducks seem to be OK. We had very high winds and the pond looked like it was moving fast....but those 'quackers' seem to be 'built' for it !
    I feel sorry for the bird nests that I am sure were downed.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Good to hear you and all your fowl friends are OK! Ducks an geese do seem well suited to wet weather, even flooding. I saw a pair of Mallards easily navigating the very swollen and fast moving creek just the other day.

You'd be surprised by how many nests actually were NOT harmed. Water fowl seem to have a sense of where to build to escape high water and land birds usually pick very secure spots - of course the "first timers" aren't always so smart and those that do not construct woven nest also don't fair too well. Fortunately, nature has installed a "rapid re-start button" and with in a week bird that have lost nests and eggs usually are well on their way to replacing it and starting over. This is were "living in the NOW really comes into play. We could all take a lesson from the animal kingdom in that respect; "living in the NOW", and not dwelling on what was.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    I really wish our weather would pick a season and settle down. Last Thursday I woke up, and there was SNOW on the ground. I wore a ski jacket and turtleneck that day because it was in the high thirties. The next day I was wearing a tank top and capris because it was 82 degrees!!
    But I know that it has to be spring because my "neighbors" are changing color.
    Attached Images    

+ Reply to Thread