+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High Winds bring... a flower pot ?!

Threaded View

Blog Entries

High Winds bring... a flower pot ?!

LOL! Had tons of rain (lightning and thunder) last night. This morning it's cloudy(probably more rain) and extremely windy ! So windy, in fact, that Mother Nature deposited a very large empty plastic flower pot WITH attached saucer on the side of my lawn Right Side Up. It's at least 12 inches in diameter and is supposed to look like a clay pot. My plan is to leave it there for most of today to see if its owner shows up-after that, it's mine. I was going to weight it down but it's filled with about 2 inches of water which is weighting it. Mother Nature !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed_Lily View Post
    LOL! Had tons of rain (lightning and thunder) last night. This morning it's cloudy(probably more rain) and extremely windy ! So windy, in fact, that Mother Nature deposited a very large empty plastic flower pot WITH attached saucer on the side of my lawn Right Side Up. It's at least 12 inches in diameter and is supposed to look like a clay pot. My plan is to leave it there for most of today to see if its owner shows up-after that, it's mine. I was going to weight it down but it's filled with about 2 inches of water which is weighting it. Mother Nature !
    Wow! Mom's been generous this winter/spring! She deposited a 14" (?) Chinese style resin planter in the back of my back yard this winter. I left it there until , I think it was February, when I brought it up to the patio. It's mine now! Pretty jade green color too! Will probably just use it as a cache pot though as one small drain hole won't due. Come to think about it, my huge Aloe Vera would work well in it.

Rebecca

The "Burn Plan"t has several pups so Iwill be removing the biggest one to keep and then "Da Momma" has to go live with someone else as it is getting just too big for me to be hauling up and down the steps. Hoping it will bloom this summer before it leaves.
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Oh now that is a very nice gift from Mother Nature--she must know where the gardeners live!
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread