+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seed Identification

Seed Identification

I just bought a "Climbing Plant Mix." The packet says it contains the following seeds:
    - morning glory
    - cardinal climber
    - thunbergia Black Eye Susan
    - sweet peas (A)
    - tall single mix nasturtium (B)

Since I have grown the last two, I can recognize them. Could you possibly identify the other three if you have grown it/them before? I would like to grow them at different places.

TIA!

Dave

Dave, I am pretty sure that E is the cardinal climber and C is the morning glory. Ann can verify if D is the thunbergia since I know she grows it. It would help germination to soak the morning glories overnight and probably the others also. They are all pretty hard seeds and a good soak might make them sprout quicker.
    tennessee sue

Dave

Why don't you germinate them in a pot and then you will be able to identify them by the foliage.

You can also Google them "....... seeds" under images.

voting 100% with Sue

Dave ... just thought I'd give you my humble opinion ... I've had all of these at one time or another so am fairly certain that with Sue's help you now have them labeled correctly.
    Patsy

Sue and Patsy. Thanks! I posted this on GardenWeb also and the answers I got are the same, especially on D and E, so I believe that is confirmed.

Abby, I tried that but couldn't find many seed pictures! The ones that I found were still ambiguous.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread