Well, it happened again. The back yard flooded and the west fence is down, covered with debree.

The storms woke me at around 1:30am, and the power went out around 3am and was out for over 3 hours. The lightning strikes were so frequent that the sky was almost constantly bright.

I forgot to shut the greenhouse door which was already breaking at the bottom hinge. It is now hanging by the top hinge only, and I'm surprised to see that it didn't break.

I went to the web site of the weather station near my home, but it appears that nothing was recorded during the time that the power was out, so I don't know how much rain came down.

The rain was coming down so hard that I couldn't hear the neighbor's natural gas generator. Something had blown down under the eaves just outside my bedroom window, and I heard a constant ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta.

I tried to go back to sleep, but with all the thunder and the pounding of rain, it was impossible.

Thankfully, it is Saturday. I would not have been able to drive out of the subdivision this morning. The water was way to deep and one of the bridges on the way to my school has been reported as closed due to flooding.

What a mess!