+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spring Wake up

Blog Entries

Spring Wake up

I posted this under Bulbs/Calla lilies after observing my calla lilies sprouting in a darkened room downstairs and asking for calla care pointers. Here it is:

I read something in the Garden section of the paper today that describes exactly how I marvel at this Spring wake up:

"How do these hidden hibernators locked in a furnace-filtered house know it's spring ? Know to emerge from the dirt and reach for the light ? Know that the light will be there now to sustain them ? ... The mysteries make me want to take care of the living things in the wake of all the wonder they provide. With a little more care, surely many more miracles will abound." -Annie Calovich, Wichita Eagle, 3/21/09
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy,

Spring has definitely arrived here, and although the plastic is still up, I suspect that it does not need to be.

The Lorepetulum is in gorgeous full bloom, both the pink Mama and the smaller white one that I suspect is a self-sown seedlings.

Roses are starting to show up here and there, and more and more of my older Amaryllis are starting to open their blooms.

Daffodils have already pretty much done their thing as well as the paperwhites.

Daylily leaves are looking good, but I haven't spotted any scapes.

We are having highs in the mid 70 range and lows in the mid 50's. NICE!

I do believe that winter is OVER here!

Gee! That went by quickly!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Having thought that myself, last night was 35 degrees !!!
    Patsy

Blog Entries

Signs of Spring in Central Indiana

My little 'Tete Tete' daffodils are blooming! Spring is here!!!
    The "supporting cast" of early spring are the Siberian Squill and just yesterday the 'Grecian Windflowers' made their 2009 debut!

The purple crocus are still loking good, or at least they were, the rain will probably do most of them in

The larger Daffodils are showing buds and a couple of them have opened, I just haven't been able to get a good shot of them, yet! Lots of Tulip foliage and that may be all there is this season! I will replace them come fall.

Spring seems to be here, but I still remember Spring 2007 when we h ad such beautiful early spring weather only to have old man winter pay us a late visit and set all the plants back as well as zapped a lot of the fruit crops for that year. Nature has caused me enough strss this spring so I am hoping that doesn't happen again this year - or ever!

Enjoy the signs of spring!

Rebecca
    Attached Images      
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Name:  applause.gif
Views: 64
Size:  607 BytesBeautiful spring welcome and SUPERB photography, Rebecca. for the show Name:  applause.gif
Views: 64
Size:  607 Bytes
    Patsy

+ Reply to Thread