+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Seed robin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed_Lily View Post
    Just a quick reminder to all of the other bobbin' robins--please please please take exactly what and how much you want. Do NOT be concerned about how much and what is 'left' for the last robin(so far that's me). I would be just as pleased to receive an empty box with a greeting card in it ! So don't hold back--give those seeds a home !!!!
    Vicki- I am so glad you found lots of stuff you don't have. Please take as much as you can and don't worry about me. I will PM you my addy but don't worry about sending me anything.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Cathy,

Keep the box as long as you need to to be able to take it to one of your DL Club Meetings and pass it around. Then, I guess, you can send it back to me.

Of course, you could just broadcast the seeds no one seems to want around the pond, some will grow and the birds will eat the rest so none will actually be wasted. Suggest that also to the Club members.

Dave you are going to have to find a nice woodland area and pond/creek to broadcast all of you extra seeds! But remember, if they are "Different" or "unusual" you can add them to the Fall Seed Robin.

I actually still have seeds that I only had a few of so they didn't get sent out. The plan is to harvest more of these particular seeds this summer. Maybe. Will see how some of these seeds do when I get them planted. (Sun Coleus and the fancy fern leaf Coleus)

Going to try breeding my TB Iris this season, so will have to check up on seed treatment and storage for those. So there may be some TB Iris seeds come fall!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Vicki, glad the box reached you safe and sound. Glad also that you liked that special 'fat seed' I included just for you. Sorry I stayed too busy Tuesday to alert you to the post date and extra contents . I'd like to take credit but actually realized after sending that it was your b'day this week so happened to gift you at just the right time . Sure hope you enjoy it .
    Patsy

Blog Entries

Feedback please!

Ladies,

It's time to post, or begin, to post some feedback on the Seed Robin! I feel it would be nice to know what seeds are being scooped up as well as what was added. So, please, post a list of what you have taken out as well as anything you might have added. Patsy, that gargantuan "seed" you added for Vicki doesn't count!

I wanna know what NOT to save for this fall!

How's it going, Cathy? Do you have a club meeting soon? Don't be shy about sharing the seeds with them or about sowing seeds over at the pond (rake them into the soil a little). Let me know, here or privately, what you have left.

Last chance for NEW PARTICIPANTS!!!

"Mother Robin"
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3