+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seed robin

Blog Entries
    Rebecca ! I think this is a great idea ! I have a fridge drawer filled with seeds and have to plant them this year. Of course, I said that last year. Everytime I think about some pretty flowers that I see in the garden center, I remember those seeds and the economy and think, plant those seeds !
    I know folks are buying veggie seeds like crazy due to the economy but I would think that flower seeds would have near to the same increase in interest simply to have beauty for less money.
    I'm glad to hear of a Fall Robin as perhaps if I tell myself whatever does not get planted this spring will go into that Robin, I will be motivated to plant what I have and if I don't, or don't plant everything, off they go !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed_Lily View Post
    Rebecca ! I think this is a great idea ! I have a fridge drawer filled with seeds and have to plant them this year. Of course, I said that last year. Everytime I think about some pretty flowers that I see in the garden center, I remember those seeds and the economy and think, plant those seeds !
    I know folks are buying veggie seeds like crazy due to the economy but I would think that flower seeds would have near to the same increase in interest simply to have beauty for less money.
    I'm glad to hear of a Fall Robin as perhaps if I tell myself whatever does not get planted this spring will go into that Robin, I will be motivated to plant what I have and if I don't, or don't plant everything, off they go !
    Cathy,

Great! BUT do you want in on the spring Robin??? Lots of interesting seeds there and you could even pass the box of seeds around at one of you DL Club meetings and let them all have some! Lord knows there will be plenty to go around!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Hmmm. I hadn't thought about passing around the seeds at a DL club mtg. OK, count me in. Got another one !
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Cathy,

Yeah!

I will let Vicki know your address so she can send them on to you after she's gone through them.

Here's the route so far:
    1. Sue and Teresa
    2. Patsy and ???
    3. Vicki and ???
    4. Cathy and her DL Club Members
    If we don't get any more involvement, you can let the club members go hog wild! Remember, I do not want them back! LOL!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Girls,
    My friend and I are going through the seeds tomorrow, or she is. I have already been through them, I couldn't wait.
    I will be sending them on to Patsy Monday.
    You are in for a treat, many treats that is.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Forgot to mention if anyone can't make out a tag or an abbreviation, let me know and I'll try to figure it out!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

Reminder to the bobbbin' robins

Just a quick reminder to all of the other bobbin' robins--please please please take exactly what and how much you want. Do NOT be concerned about how much and what is 'left' for the last robin(so far that's me). I would be just as pleased to receive an empty box with a greeting card in it ! So don't hold back--give those seeds a home !!!!

My friend Teresa and I went through the box today and did a little damage. So many neat things in there. Just like Christmas, maybe even better. Still plenty to go around. I added a few new varieties to the mix. I will mail it Monday to Patsy. Have fun, we did. Dying for this nasty weather to go away so we can plant more seeds. Rain for several days now with storms tonight and down in lower 30's tomorrow night. It has been awhile since we were that low. Go away winter.
    tennessee sue

I'll be waitin at the mailbox
    Patsy

Patsy, It,s on its way, Priority mail so should be there in a couple of days. You are going to be so happy. I enclosed a label for Vicki. Enjoy yourself.
    tennessee sue

Hi guys, or rather seed girls .
    Sorry I've been so slow confirming box receipt that Rebecca emailed to see if I'm still breathing. Having work going on in our house has me CRAZY busy and knowing if my husband found me playing in the seed box before I get it somewhat straightened up he'd probably bury me in it.
    Anyway, just got to peek inside and it is packed with so many goodies I don't know where to start. I'm excited and shocked to realize that I actually have quite a bit to add that will be new to the box.

NOTE Vicki ... you will be so tickled when you get it. I'll Prioity it to you Monday morning, Tuesday latest so you should have it by week end. Sue was gracious to make it idiot proof (include a mailing label with your address). I know you'll have as much fun as I'm about to, rolling up my sleeves as I speak

ANOTHER TO REBECCA for checking on my health...it's fine. My sanity's questionable as always but I'm always working on it . Thank you especially for setting flight to the robin. It has been great fun. We owe you much, as usual.

ONE MORE TO SUE I recognized many of the additions you'd mentioned to me in the email. Sure hope I can do them justice, especially the clematic. I've plenty to talk to you and Rebecca about but can't seem to find the time for anything. STILL don't have anything but a frame on my greenhouse but working on it soon...time, time, time...where does it go???
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    Patsy,

I know all about questionable sanity; mine's been in question for decades, just ask my daughters! They will tell you I's certifiable!

There are many perennial seeds in the box that will make for good backyard nursery plants (Columbine, Hardy Hibiscus, oh I forget!) and they will keep in the fridge until you are ready to plant them and I can send more this summer

Sounds tome like you have too many irons in the fire, as usual! When you gonna slow down enough to garden

Be sure you take as many seeds as you like before sending it on to Vicki and PM me what novelties you've added, I might just have to have Vicki send that box home - unless we get some more interest before she's had her fill! Just remember, seeds need to be hardy varieties or ones that will grow to bloom in one season (treated like an annual for us nartheners!)

Ciao all y'all!

Mother Robin
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oh My!!!

WOW!!!! I can't hardly believe what is in this box!!! There are so many
    cool seeds, and only a couple that I have.
    Patsy,
    Thank you for the amaryllis bulb. My two have nice foliage on them for going
    outside as soon as it's warm enough.

Just like my birthday or something! Woohoo!! LOL!

Now I need Cathy's address.

Thanks again ya all!!!!!!!!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vicki View Post
    WOW!!!! I can't hardly believe what is in this box!!! There are so many
    cool seeds, and only a couple that I have.
    Patsy,
    Thank you for the amaryllis bulb. My two have nice foliage on them for going
    outside as soon as it's warm enough.

Just like my birthday or something! Woohoo!! LOL!

Now I need Cathy's address.

Thanks again ya all!!!!!!!!
    Vicki,

Since I am not sure if Cathy wants to participate in this seed robin, I will let her contact you. In the mean time, keep the seeds in the fridge! If you have any gardening friends or neighbors close by, let them go through the box and get what they would like - I';m sure there is plenty to go around!

Gentlemen, it is not too late to get in on this!

PM or email me if you don't get another "birdie" to send the seeds to.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

I was so tempted but told myself "no, no, no." I am new to gardening (just started last year), but I have seeds that I bought and overbought 2 years ago, bought and over bought last year, and bought this year.

Then I have seeds from GardenWeb exchange and some give to me from Garden Web, so I have so many that I probably can't plant all this year. I thought about participating and sharing some this year, but I am new, so I am late and haven't made my choices yet. Next year I should have a lot to share.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast