+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SNOW ! Who's getting the Eastern seaboard snow ?

Threaded View

Blog Entries

SNOW ! Who's getting the Eastern seaboard snow ?

Sue Salley ? Rowan ? Rebecca(OK, I know where Indiana is--I was just wondering ) Ann? (they said Alabama, I think)
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy, Thanks for the concern. We only had flurries all weekend, too darn cold to snow much. 18 now and it has been very breezy all weekend too. The mountains were capped with snow today when I was out and would have made a beautiful picture if I ever thought to take my camera along.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    No SNOW here, but a friend in New Jersey awoke to a foot of it Monday morning! We did get the cold air though. Not sure about NE Indiana, but if there was any lake effect, they got it, but I believe the front was more East, so the seaboard States really got the brunt of it.

Tulips and daffodils and other "minor" bulbs are tying to wake up here. We could get one more trackable/measurable snow before the end of the month as we almost always get one for HS Basketball Sectionals. Ah, the "Ides of March"!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

No snow here, but someone told me there was snow in Northern Alabama. I don't know how much.

It is COLD, though... Not as cold as predicted, but COLD!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

On Sunday, before noon, we had an accumulation of about 2" here in central Alabama. By early in the afternooon it was all gone.

Around noon we left NC on our way home. Just east of Atlanta we ran into snow that was coming down so hard we could barely see. For the most part, it melted as soon as it landed on the warm pavement. But for one long stretch it started to pile up in the form of slush, and we were slowed to about 30 mph on the interstate. Because it was headed east, and we were going west, we soon got through it, but while it lasted, it was beautiful. The trees were covered, as was the ground with about 4". By the time we got into Atlanta, the roads were once again clear, and then east of there, they were dry.
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Lucky YOU, and I am glad your trip was a safe one!

Years ago, I traveled a lot to Atlanta, especially in the winter (I don't know why), and I was trapped in the midst of that pretty snow which was usually only about 4-6".

The only problem was getting stuck at the airport and waiting for them to clear the runways. At least, it was a pretty view while waiting, huh?

Good to have you back, Tom!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread