+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Australian Bush fires

Australian Bush fires

I sure am saying prayers for all the Aussie's, with the terrible fires going on.
    I sure hope Abbey is o.k. Does anyone know or heard from her?
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Vicki,

I received a couple of emails from her this morning, so I assume that she is okay. There was no mention of the fires, but thanks for alerting us of that. Goes to show you that I watch very little tv nowadays.

I'll send Abby and email to make sure that she sees this post and lets us know if there is any chance that she might be in danger.

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Sorry about taking such a long time to respond. But most of my spare time currently is taken by searching and administering first aid to wildlife whose habitat has been burnt.

The fires in our area were some 15 miles away and not in the path of towns and dwellings unlike in Victoria which would have been the fires you heard about on the news. But quite a large area of bush has been burnt down destroying the habitat if the wildlife.

To think that our fire was lighted by an arsonist is unbelievable. But they caught up with the 31 year old monster. Too bad we do not have a death penalty here.

Thank you for your kind thoughts
    Much appreciated
    Abby

Oh! Look at that!

He/she is so very cute and innocent looking. I have never seen one of these fascinating little animals in person, but I would love to!

Oh! How I wish that I could be there to help you save these precious little ones.

Thanks for updating us on what is happening. I agree. At least, they should lock him up in a very HOT cell and let him suffer like those that suffered by his cruelty.

Please! If you get a chance, do take some more pictures of the precious ones.

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

My goodness, these are precious little creatures, aren't they? I'll not waste the word thoughtless on such people...they're downright cruel. Thank heaven for rescue angels like you
    Patsy

Abby, I am glad you are all right and hope all your family is well too. God will bless you for taking such loving care of his babies. Thank you from all us animal lovers.
    tennessee sue

He/she is so cute (especially when he holds the cup like a human in the 2nd picture)!

Is this a koala (sp?), the native Australian animal?
    Dave

Yes Koala is a native animal, usually they do not drink and get all their fluid from gum leaves but they are all burnt or dried up. Here is a few more pix of those poor creatures requiring assistance - these are the lucky ones.

Heartwrenching...God bless you, my new friend. Wish my hands were there to join you.
    Patsy

Abby, I wish I could help you save the wildlife .here in Fl we are under a fire alert since the freezes we had means fuel for fires in the dead plants and leaves on trees. We were lucky that we got a short rain today . Enough to puddle the roads but not enough to ease the fire danger.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

+ Reply to Thread